local shite buyage,fiat a go go

theshadow

yes it the infamous stilo,better pictures tomorrow,here for now,giffer taped the indicator,had fun with transit van,but it passed mot fine,drives fine,six speed box,1.4 engine,usual electic switch not workingservice due,bought air,pollen filter,from euro.

I too have recently aquired a stilo 1.4, 6 sp, on an 04 plate but in a pale blue, seems quite alright at the mo

I thought my OH's Stilo was a great motor, really comfy and the interior fit and finish were nice. It was well rust proofed underneath as well. Nice and quiet on the move and the soft long travel suspension with passive rear steer axle meant it eat up the miles easily. I drove 500 odd miles down to Cornwall in it and arrived without any aches and pains thanks to the comfy seats.

The rear bushes are a pain to replace, if you need on advice on how to do it, let me know.

I think it just died recently not bad mileage though:

MOT history of this vehicle

• Test date8 July 2015
  • Expiry date2 August 2016
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading147,881 miles
  • MOT test number1186 8948 5152

post-17353-0-91532000-1475141921_thumb.jpg

timing belt done today said it needed special tools,fook,well removed engine mount ,covers,fanbelt,just got to it in time,the old belt was cracking up,and very soft,looked like the original,undone tensioner,carefully slipped on gates belts,tippexd mark,spun over by hand first,not seized,put back togther all fine!!so i thought do the oil,it was like the black hole of calcutta :mrgreen: it was bad,was last done 2013,...spark,plugs tommorrow,

It's an odd thing the Stilo, seen a grand total of two of  them at Fiat/Italian car meets.  One was a lovely 2 door with the most amazing glass sunroof that was like a horizontal venetian blind that folded beautifully onto itself, god knows how it didn't leak.  The other was a five door like yours, bought for family transport by a pandaist.  I had a good look around it and it seemed a well put together thing.  They aren't very Fiaty though are they, look more like a 90's VAG product and in someways just slip under the radar of Fiat enthusiasts.  Personally if I ever found one with that trick sunroof I'd buy it just for that!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M4ftRGyOsfU"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>