Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

5 hours ago, martc said:

Could be Algeria - 

image.thumb.png.eef66874be9e867614d62f461f605463.png

The last two numbers are the 'Wilya' (province) the vehicle was registered in, but these only go as far as 58... Embassy plates also end in two digits (representing the country) but they are much shorter, the example below is for an Italian embassy vehicle -

image.png.849cf60a8d33b4aa715cf54cced77ec8.png

http://www.worldlicenseplates.com/world/AF_ALGE.html#GI

I'm not aware of any rules about foreign plates characters having to be in Latin script, but I guess most countries will use these characters for ease. I have definitely seen long distance HGV's with Arabic script number plates in the UK.

Could well be. I counted the digits then tried to remember them, so some of the digits I remembered could be wrong. My own registration of 4 numbers and 3 letters is hard enough to remember...

For anyone interested, a not particularly clear article on Iranian plates here:

https://www.licenseplatemania.com/landenpaginas/iran.htm

This is a photo I took of an Iranian truck in Turkey:

IMG_20180721_174230032.thumb.jpg.c01185368e941dfebfbd54e61d1b26d1.jpg

The domestic plate is in Arabic characters with the muddied 'out of state' plate being underneath.

I see a lot of Turkish trucks in the UK (for those who have never been there... Turkey uses the Latin alphabet pretty much universally), the most 'exotic' plates I've ever seen over here on trucks (i.e. not daft London cars that have been flown in from Dubai) are Belarussian and Ukrainian.

Just been through my Mongol Rally photos trying to find more, have this photo of a totally fucked Zafira in Kyrgyzstan:

IMG_20180811_124100786_BURST000_COVER_TOP.thumb.jpg.8f99836b5382638bae3d07ee9426c4c2.jpg

2 hours ago, TheOtherStu said:

One of the guys in the MR2 Roadsters group has WH05TWO

I think it's a great plate.

Pretty cool.

A woman has MY02 BLU (or similar) on a Roadster. I remember seeing it on one of the FB groups.

MR2's certainly aren't an easy car to find private plates for.

16 hours ago, Out Run said:

Pretty cool.

A woman has MY02 BLU (or similar) on a Roadster. I remember seeing it on one of the FB groups.

MR2's certainly aren't an easy car to find private plates for.

There are quite a lot of MR02 Roadsters out there. And TRD  based stuff.

2 minutes ago, TheOtherStu said:

There are quite a lot of MR02 Roadsters out there. And TRD  based stuff.

Yeah, I guess so. I'm not up on Roadster's. There's nothing that I like for the mk2. Choice is very limited. It's why I got A35 GTE for mine, so it says A 3S-GTE

I had an 'A15' plate for the mk1.5 I used to have, also. If you know, you know. 😄