Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

My first motorcycle (as opposed to moped) was a 1971 CZ175, bought brand new at FK Sharpe in Lincoln. Its registration was MFE476J.   At the weekend I parked my Tipo behind a nice LHD VW camper at a popular countryside spot.  Its owner offered me a folding seat so that I could eat my sandwiches in the sun.   Very nice of him but I politely declined because I have a natural aversion to flimsy folding seats - I don't trust them.   He then opened the VW's rear hatch to extract something or other and that caused me to notice his registration: MFE_ _ _ H.   I rarely see old style registrations similar to any of our old vehicles so I mentioned it to him.  We chatted a bit.  Nice chap.  Turned out his van was a Californian import and had been allocated that number.   Nevertheless, still an interesting mild coincidence.

Today another similar mild coincidence: I was scanning eBay for cars to resist buying and saw a very nice 1938 Austin Ruby, fortunately way beyond my budget.  Its registration was FGX35.  My dad's first car, a 1933 Austin 7, owned from 1954-60 approx. (I was born in 1949 and loved this old car) - anyway, its registration was AGX423.  Close enough to give me goosebumps.     

Edit: Another one on eBay today, thanks to @garethj:a Fiat Uno reg K283OTL.  My late wife's Fiat Tipo from about 20 years ago was K293OTL.  Spooky!

On 13/04/2023 at 17:39, Dave_Q said:

Drove past this today in West Lancs, dunno why you would want VISITOR as a number plate but hey, it pretty much spelled an actual word.

Screenshot_2023-04-13-17-38-20-116_com.jvelimited.vehiclesmart.thumb.jpg.e508e9130cef1fb6aca13a9e165e4910.jpg

At work, you can always park in the visitor space.