Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

12 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Wolverhampton reg - do you hail from those parts?

Walsall, but the car was supplied by Willenhall Coachcraft, so they used to register them in Wolverhampton, being on Walsall/Wolves border.  The car has lived in Walsall (well and a bit of South Staffs albeit with a Walsall postcode) all its life though 🙂

I name the garage, as I assume if you are asking, you are probably from round here - If not, it will mean nothing to you, and feel free to ignore 😂

54 minutes ago, dan95x said:

I name the garage, as I assume if you are asking, you are probably from round here - If not, it will mean nothing to you, and feel free to ignore 😂

I'm not, but my wife's family come from the Portobello region, so have some knowledge of the area.

Ah, I was born in Short Heath in Willenhall, not too far from them,  but we moved to the other side of Walsall when I was about 4.  

Willenhall Coachcraft who were the supplying dealer of the golf were actually the 'nemesis' rival VW dealer in the area to my Granddads own dealership in Walsall.  The golf belonged to a neighbour of his, and he looked after it for years for her in terms of servicing etc, then when she stopped driving we bought it off her for him.  He couldnt face driving it round with Coachcraft number plates and sticker in the window (even though his own dealership had been shut down for about 25 years by this point, by the way!)  so he did this before he would drive it anywhere.....

Because frankly, and I hate to speak ill of the dead, but he could be a downright nutcase at times 😂

20230106_205427.JPG

IMG-20230107-WA0007.jpg

On 14/01/2023 at 10:42, skoda_fan said:

There's something deeply annoying about illegal spacing, especially when it makes no sense as is usually the case. WTF does "Pint V" mean? Are we supposed to know?  If it were shown as P1 NTV it'd be quite cool.

Then this purple Focus on FB is right up your street. Bonus points for wonky plate too

Screenshot_20230117-091925_Facebook.jpg

52 minutes ago, adw1977 said:

OLD 5L on an old SL

20230106_113242.thumb.jpg.cc7ac89d75ab28e3a70da50a3099aa9c.jpg

Great reg but it shouldn't really be allowed on that car. It's a 1970 model imported in 1980 as ONF 404W and re-registered in 1984. I guess the DVLA allowed it because L is older than the W it had before even though both make it look newer than it is. The R107 SL was launched in 1971 on a J so a Pagoda on an L looks odd.

2 hours ago, quicksilver said:

Great reg but it shouldn't really be allowed on that car. It's a 1970 model imported in 1980 as ONF 404W and re-registered in 1984. I guess the DVLA allowed it because L is older than the W it had before even though both make it look newer than it is. The R107 SL was launched in 1971 on a J so a Pagoda on an L looks odd.

Well spotted, I hadn't noticed that L was too late for this model.

It's also on the road untaxed, although it's zero rated anyway.