Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

I was heading home from work last night when I noticed a white Honda Civic type R (fairly new) heading the other way with the reg number “GR”. Looked weird. Letters dead centre in the plate. Nothing comes up on reg checker. Probably dodgy? 

53 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

I was heading home from work last night when I noticed a white Honda Civic type R (fairly new) heading the other way with the reg number “GR”. Looked weird. Letters dead centre in the plate. Nothing comes up on reg checker. Probably dodgy? 

I looked up "6R" as an alternative,  only to find that it's on a 1980 Ford Granada....

57 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I looked up "6R" as an alternative,  only to find that it's on a 1980 Ford Granada....

Weird isn’t it. I’ll see if I caught it on my dash cam. Definitely GR in standard font right in the middle. Both front and rear plates. 

41 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Wonder if it was a main dealer's showroom display plate?

Interesting thesis. Our local showroom is a holdcroft Honda dealer. Have looked on website to see what model ranges there are, no GR. plot still thick and creamy.

5 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

Interesting thesis. Our local showroom is a holdcroft Honda dealer. Have looked on website to see what model ranges there are, no GR. plot still thick and creamy.

Very thick plot. I have seen Merc and Range Rover dealers transferring cars carrying showroom plates. "Autograph" and "Avantgarde" seem to have been popular examples in the past. 

1 hour ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Very thick plot. I have seen Merc and Range Rover dealers transferring cars carrying showroom plates. "Autograph" and "Avantgarde" seem to have been popular examples in the past. 

Yes, quite understandable as an excuse of “ooops officer I forgot to take them off” kind of thing. Strange how Honda don’t have a GR range for anything.