Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

19 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

I'm surprised DVLA haven't decided to re-issue plates from scrapped cars, or those which fell off the system when the old logbooks were replaced due to computerisation. I'd like RAM5 but it doesn't seem to exist, either wasn't issued or long gone. Should be a 1957 > Wiltshire reg

its the one thing the DVLA thankfully seem to be careful to avoid doing

which im quite thankful for, as there are plenty examples of vehicles that have been laid up for many decades and then unearthed 

or vehicles that where supposed to be or even where officially scrapped but where not actually and have since been put back on the road etc

see Most Invacars that still survive for an example of that one!

No pics, but seen today on a van for a local Florist called "Ems Stems", EM55 TEM

On the theme, does anyone else mentally make a word out of the letters on a number plate? I do, my 1963 suffix plate begins NWT which for some reason I always think of as "NEWT"... dunno why. Unfortunately, this mental habit of adding vowels to make words means My brothers prefix plate with his initials on it is unfortunate - his initials are ANL.   

29 minutes ago, Sham said:

On the theme, does anyone else mentally make a word out of the letters on a number plate

Doesn't everybody? oh...

What about a phrase coming to mind from a grou of 3 letters on a plate - friend bought a brand new car, for cash, a few years back with VRC in the plate - he's been 'Very Rich Chap' in my book ever since.

On 3/10/2021 at 6:57 PM, bunglebus said:

I saw 9 ST recently but couldn't get a pic. Made me think of the ST 1 reg used in the Saint (that was fake in the show but does exist).

1 ST is on a Merc. That's a pretty good reg.

A long time ago Roger Moore was in a show or something in the West End and my parents went to it with friends in their white Jaag with an ST reg.

When they returned to the parked car after watching the show and going for some scoff they found some divvy tarts had scrawled all over it in lipstick things like "I love you Roger".

On 3/15/2021 at 7:29 PM, DSdriver said:

A long time ago Roger Moore was in a show or something in the West End and my parents went to it with friends in their white Jaag with an ST reg.

When they returned to the parked car after watching the show and going for some scoff they found some divvy tarts had scrawled all over it in lipstick things like "I love you Roger".

9IoG.gif

On 2/27/2021 at 6:39 PM, Bradders59 said:

My recently acquired Boxster has P111 LDD. Its a year 2000, so I presume this was someones idea of  "the private plate look".

It's no charge from DVLA to dump the plate and put it back on it's original plate or it it was registered from new on that one an age related alternative

I didn't even know it was possible to have a personalised plate in Slovakia, but you can and they're fun because they can be entirely letters. Looks weird to have a numberplate with no numbers.

SE LUCKA [SK] - Dudko & Lucia

The same firm also have SE VOLVO. No prizes for guessing what make of truck that's on.

R U 69 FAN? Spaced like that on a Focus st in white. 

Also saw a saucy blonde having a good old rummage in her passenger's shorts about 3 mins later in a 21 reg evoke. Impressively long left arm or those evoke cabins are quite narrow.

1 hour ago, Agila said:

R U 69 FAN? Spaced like that on a Focus st in white. 

Also saw a saucy blonde having a good old rummage in her passenger's shorts about 3 mins later in a 21 reg evoke. Impressively long left arm or those evoke cabins are quite narrow.

Gillian Taylforth?

On 2/26/2021 at 3:18 PM, anonymous user said:

Saw a hearse today bearing the registration 1 RV

I thought it was a fake Rolls Royce as it looked hideous. The front wasn't too bad, but the rear bit was an inflated blob. I checked on DVLA, apparently it is real built in 2020.

Wasn't this utter abortion was it? 

image.png.ce28b64a3c9537321581a4ba7b7e5d6b.png

Given they stopped building that shape Phantom in 2017 (and that's got a pre-2010 (I think)) front bumper, I dread to think what kind of paperwork fudgery has happened behind the scenes on that one for it to be recorded as a 2020 build...