Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

A personalised plate on a skip lorry is a bit fancy but there it is.

PSL 597 - Phoenix Surfacing

A bit of a curiosity this one. I found a photo from 2010 of that reg on an Austin Cambridge and PSL is an age-related series that I thought was non-transferable so how did they manage to get it off the Austin and put it here?

18 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

A personalised plate on a skip lorry is a bit fancy but there it is.

PSL 597 - Phoenix Surfacing

A bit of a curiosity this one. I found a photo from 2010 of that reg on an Austin Cambridge and PSL is an age-related series that I thought was non-transferable so how did they manage to get it off the Austin and put it here?

thats something I have noticed as well, but I have only noticed it on older Age related suffix less marks dont think I have seen it with any newer age related series  

perhaps whoever was doing the plate issuing at the time forgot to mark the mark as non transferable and someone noticed that and capitalised on it, or maybe someone got friendly with their local VRO back when those where still a thing and got it transferred anyway 

(I also dont think suffix-less marks where always non transferable, but people abusing the scheme forced the DVLC/DVLA  to make them non transferable, but im not sure when this change was implemented)

for what its worth PSL597 was first issued in August 2000 (by which im pretty sure suffix-less age related marks where normally marked non transferable)

another example is whole swarths of TSUxxx age related plates seem to be personal plates now

image.thumb.png.3e26a3f14ca287632da44f4afb17c827.png

but CSU-YSU was issued between  July 86 and Jan 1990, so is a much older series 

tis a curious one as you say

23 hours ago, doug said:

All I see is Willy Yum. It might just be me though.eaf4a14e565a022320ddc72cbc2d9c02.jpg

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, S2000 said:

Fur net ick spelling of William?

Sing it as Morrisey did, then it makes a little more sense...

The rain falls hard on a humdrum town
This town has dragged you down
Oh, the rain falls hard on a humdrum town
This town has dragged you down

Oh, no and everybody's got to live their life
And God knows I've got to live mine
God knows I've got to live mine

William, William, it was really nothing
William, William, it was really nothing
It was your life....

Saw this Phantom wafting around Guildford yesterday.

Is it 10 T or 1 OT?

10 T is on a 2013 silver Merc SL.

This Rolls is 1 OT. Apparently it failed it’s MOT in 2009 for incorrectly spaced numbers. It’s failed on other things more recently but not that - special plates for the MOT maybe? 
One thing it has been advised on is “covers and under trays obscuring some components “. Isn’t that just normal?

Also saw JUC 1E on a nice yellow newish Mustang today. No photo though.

F85F0F8D-D2CF-42E8-B15B-F9A39D75E7B8.jpeg