Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

No pics yet I'm afraid, need to see if there's a usable one on my dashcam, but saw an interesting one yesterday.

333 HW

It wasn't until I passed it and saw it in my rear view mirror that I got it...

Shame it was on one of those hideous new Disco 5's

EDIT: Just remembered, there was one I last saw in the late 1980s on a Supra, that I would totally buy if I won the lottery, and I hate vanity plates. I just checked and it's now on some 1999 2.3 Merc. The plate is  H1 GEE

2 hours ago, quicksilver said:

Today I saw a local garage's parts delivery van, registered VW 1. The ultimate registration for a Volkswagen dealer, except it belongs to a BMW and MINI dealer :shock: At least the van itself is a VW Crafter.

Just felt compelled to look that up on DVLA cos I thought that MUST belong to VAG UK if it exists at all. Mismatches like that do seem a waste somehow. There's an Astra van around here belonging to a local garage with a KIA reg. (There again there are probably thousands of those).

13 hours ago, skoda_fan said:

Just felt compelled to look that up on DVLA cos I thought that MUST belong to VAG UK if it exists at all. Mismatches like that do seem a waste somehow. There's an Astra van around here belonging to a local garage with a KIA reg. (There again there are probably thousands of those).

It belongs to Lancaster BMW of Milton Keynes. Apparently they do also sell Volkswagens but for some reason have decided to waste the van with the VW reg on the BMW franchise.

On 7/16/2020 at 1:46 PM, myglaren said:

Parked next to this thing.  Not at all sure what it is supposed to be.  Not that great anyway.

I have seen some good ones but had no camera and they are forgotten once out of sight.

IMG_20200716_101739.jpg

I read that as SU BIMBO..

bimbo
noun: bimbo; plural noun: bimbos
  1. an attractive but unintelligent or frivolous young woman.

On 7/9/2020 at 10:13 AM, DVee8 said:

No photo

A Audi SQ8,with the plate AUD1.

2020 AUDI SQ8 - V8 TRI-TURBO - 900NM/435HP - FINALLY PROPER POWER ...

I also have no photo of the Audi A3 that was following me around Acton the other day.  Had the driver been male it would have been too close to read the number plate. (Or it would have passed me). But she stayed just far enough back for just long enough for me to read it: AUD1.

A 2013 model apparently - the car. The driver was a little older.