Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

17 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Bit strong. 

That looks fine though because a) to anyone that doesn't know, it looks like a completely normal plate and b) it's not illegally spaced like the two example I gave ?

Yeah, sorry, a little rude.

but if you look very carefully, you'll see that b) may not be entirely correct. It was made by a motor factors the old way, when that was still a thing. and there may be some interpretation of the rules. 

On 11/2/2019 at 10:54 PM, Noel Tidybeard said:

can't remember who said it but made me chuckle coz my mate has one on his mundano sti 155 soot blower estate soon to be moved to a tit x diseasel

I first had mine on a Mondeo Ghia X TDCi, it's since been on an MX5, two Skoda Octavias and now a Karoq, at £80 a time transfer fee I've spent about the same as the plate cost me shifting it about but I don't care because like it (even though everyone has to ask me what it it supposed to mean) and I don't care what anyone else thinks of me because of it!

I mean for one I drive a Skoda so everyone else on the road has to get past me no matter what and secondly it's a diesel SUV so socially I'm slightly worse than a serial killer - I doubt having a private reg makes much odds either way.

Anyway back to topic....I have nothing to contribute in that regard...

Slightly tangential take...

In the pouring rain & dense spray, on the Western Bypass the other night, I read the car in front as K 568 ### (dont recall letters) but that isn't the point...

Obviously I cottoned the car was KS 68 but it made me think how 'OCD' plate types might go for his n hers .... An oldie J, K or M whatever with a plate to mimic a new reg JS, KS, MS so as to have a 'mirror'.

Rubbish idea, I know, but not entirely unworkable :)

On 11/9/2019 at 12:48 PM, tooSavvy said:

Slightly tangential take...

In the pouring rain & dense spray, on the Western Bypass the other night, I read the car in front as K 568 ### (dont recall letters) but that isn't the point...

Obviously I cottoned the car was KS 68 but it made me think how 'OCD' plate types might go for his n hers .... An oldie J, K or M whatever with a plate to mimic a new reg JS, KS, MS so as to have a 'mirror'.

Rubbish idea, I know, but not entirely unworkable :)

When I was growing up my mum and dad had 420EOF and A20EOF as a matching pair.