Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

7 hours ago, busmansholiday said:

IMG_20190930_103358.thumb.jpg.fbda8573b8a61fe287f091e71d367ae3.jpg

If I remember rightly, Renault did a promotion on Clios when the 10 reg appeared so you could have a CL10 reg at no extra cost. CL10 CUP was the Clio Cup press car and there's a discussion about it and other CL10s at https://www.cliosport.net/threads/cl10-cup-numberplate.513255/ including a picture of CL10 NOB. Just CL10 is the best Clio plate of all and I'm happy to report it is indeed on a Clio, a 1994 Williams.

1 hour ago, JeeExEll said:

1971 E-type on ebay recently.

N6ZS6XQ.jpg

Road tax was due 1st March 1977.

im surprised that still shows up on the DVLA checker

I wonder if anyone knows of any older tax due's?

my previous record was REV453R with tax due Nov 1977

although I do wonder if that Jag always showed up on the DVLA or if it was brought back to life on the DVLA, @egg style

does the ebay listing say if the owner has a modern V5 for it or not?

It is indeed an old one.  The ebay listing was from earlier this year and I just saved the interesting pic at the time so no further info.

My dad had a fabby 1970 Cortina 1600E, JSO 300H, which was written off by the next owner in winter 1978, long before the records were computerised.  Still showing on DVLA records.

These car specific registrations do intrigue me, fair enough for something like that Jag there will always be a market but I find it amusing when you see a JAG plate on a BMW or vice versa.

I wonder where all the S4XO? number plates are these days, they used to be everywhere on the old boy racer's favourite.

Spotted 7 WHO yesterday, had to slow down to see if it was Roger Daltrey or not. It wasn't. Disappointed.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, a pair of absolute tragedies spotted today were:

- Ferrari 488: DAN12L 

- Audi A3: S3AN W. 

How tragic and empty does your life have to be that you stoop so low to spell your own name on your reg? Or is it meant for forgetful buggers who can't remember their names? Jesus H Christ.