Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

I saw MO04BAA on a farm trailer, PA55GSW on GSW school of motoring learner car and OOO 16. There used to be a Scirocco in Brentwood with a plate something like OIOIO or IOIOI, never worked out quite how they did that!

Many years ago whilst in Digbeth, I spotted a Black Range Rover with '800' on its plate. I thought it couldn't just be a number (unless it was from Jersey/Guernsey) I did a bit of research when I got home and found it was '8 OO'. So I'd imagine the Scirocco you saw would have been OIO 10/IOI 10/10 IOI or something around that region.

Whilst doing the research, I did strangely find some cars with just 3 numbers in thier plates. Royal/military cars or something? Thry weren't special cars, I remember one car being a Vauxhall Astra.

I saw a few weeks back on the commute to work on the Bexhill to Eastbourne road the number plate BIG TV on a Jewish racing gold Porsche Cayenne.

I didn't manage to see though if a fat transvestite was actually driving the car.

That plate used to live opposite me years ago. It was then on a Kia Magentis about 04 plate and before that a Hyundai Matrix I think. It did make me wonder what was going on. Also UM is a Leeds reg.

At a guess it's one of those plates that's still in the family of the chap who had it issued new and they've used it on every car they've ever had. No doubt worth a fortune but also has massive sentimental value.

CUB 1 was another good Leeds issue. Originally on a Samuel Ledgard coach and later owned by Cubby Broccoli, it featured on Truly Scrumptious's car in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

• 2 weeks later...

A bass player I used to gig with had BA55SES as his plate on his S class, looked amazing. As a trumpet player I always wanted BRA 5S after that. But generally not that fussed by personalised plates

A butcher around here has M008EEF and a some sort of sheep one I cant recall at the moment.