Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

• 3 weeks later...

Three funny or disturbing plates from Austria:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have to pay ~ 400 Euro for a special plate and you are able to place max. 5 letters and at least one figure behind it on the plate. So for example "SV21" for my Camry would be possible, "4D56" for a Pajero-engine isnt possible.

Battlefield? Been reading a bit about Berkeleys lately, so I had the motorcycle maker in mind.

Yes Michiel, "Battlefield" !! it's in a little village called Bickleton-on-sea, can't miss it, disembowelled bodies everywhere !!! :shock: (actually, I thought it meant "ANother Zennenite".....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We used to see a Range Rover at our Dealership with 69 R as a plate.... 4 MAT was on a Mercedes S class,presumably owned by a computer company.Over 20 years ago, I used to see locally a Cortina with FLY 900T on it...The number is now,as you'd expect,on a Saab. But not mine!

Ex Brother in law bought a shagged Land Rover with the plate 69 REG. Sold it for about £3k to a bloke called Reginald funnily enough. No idea if the plate got transferred.2B and NOT 2B are great. I have seen those two on the Chelsea Embankment. Shakespearian actor perhaps? Fave of all time was in New Zealand on a Ford Falcon - it was V8 POWER. Seems to be much easier to properly personalise a plate over there. One thing though - all these amended fonts and strategically placed black or yellow bolts - dont they technically make the plate illegal? There are a few WAGS around my way with personalised plates, pold could make an easy few quid in fines if he or she so chose.

When I was a kid in the 80's there was a company rather incongruously based in the small parade of shops in our middle class & boring 1950's housing development called "Bob Thomas Sports Photography"The owner (presumably one Bob Thomas!) had a Range Rover & Porsche 944 turbo with the plates "Bob 1" and "Bob 2", which must have cost an astonishing amount of money?!?My Triumph Acclaim reg has the prefix "OAJ", which my mates thoughtfully modified with a line of black insulating tape to read "OAP" - I drove round like it for a couple of weeks before I noticed as well! :lol:

One thing though - all these amended fonts and strategically placed black or yellow bolts - don't they technically make the plate illegal? There are a few WAGS around my way with personalised plates, plod could make an easy few quid in fines if he or she so chose.

They are illegal. They seem to be mostly ignored but occasionally you will see a car that's had wanky plates suddenly wearing proper ones. I suspect the police don't want to give people the "should be out catching the real criminals" ammunition and turn a blind eye until the driver attracts their attention in another way.

I like what police are doing with personal plates at the moment - if they've been messed-around with, they can give you a notice to fix it and have to submit photographic evidence that it is on new properly-spaced plates in the correct font etc.If you mess around again (put the old plates on etc.), they just withdraw the registration. Bit heavy-handed, but I don't like rubbish personal plates anyway.

Over 20 years ago, I used to see locally a Cortina with FLY 900T on it...The number is now,as you'd expect,on a Saab.

British Airways have kept FLY 747 T on one of their staff buses at Heathrow Airport! One of their pilots has A 51 FLY (as I fly) as well!