Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

Spotted a Land Rover 110 at the Beaulie Autojumble that was being used to tow the Portaloos. The plate was LO05 FOR. On the other side of the flat bed was a separate plate simply with the word 'HIRE' on it. LO05 FOR HIREClever, but still a bit tossy.

LO0 4 ADO is local to me, owner a bit of an arse.
Saw a similar wagon a while back with LO 02 POO, spaced to LOO 2 POO. A small childish giggle escaped my lips.

The bus2pub one is great. Its nice to see people being creative with the modern numbering as it looked like it could get tricky.

I've got 163 UMA and 461 UXR. The UMA plate is worth about £2k, the UXR one about half that.

Since this thread was started I've acquired an "XR" plate now too. Figured it was probably worth a low four figure sum.

I followed an Audi on the M25 on Monday (not for long, though-I was in the Wartburg, as it was German Re-unification Day) which was clearly owned by a James Bond fan. The number was MO 07 SPY, which (as I'm sure you've already all worked out) he'd made read M 007 SPY. Did look cool!!!Somehow think those Northern Ireland "BAZ, MAZ" etc numbers are a bit "sad"

My first car came with (as originally issued to it in Feb '63) XJR40.

Oh how chuffed I was to have found an Austin A40 with what seemed an appropriate number.

Not funny, no, not remotely so but.......

The year after I sold the car, Jaguar introduced their XJ R 4.0 and the guy who'd bought my car suddenly became very well off.

I'd have cried for Months but he bought me a pint one night so that was all good. :evil:

I remember seeing OKT 1M on an XJ6 around the Wallingford, Oxon area in the late '80s, spaced as OK T1M, at this point better I say nowt more in case the owner's reading.....

Posted Image

I saw VEE 8 on a newish Merc 320CDi in Cleethorpes at the weekend. Driven by an old bugger.There must be many Range Rover/Aston Martin owners who would give their left nut for that plate! I am guessing that is worth more than my house.

That's a teacher from my old school, little gnome bloke!You should have popped in to Chateau Diamond for a brew :)Incidentally, I also have VEE 8 on my beetle, unfortunately, it has 02J on the end! :lol:

I saw VEE 8 on a newish Merc 320CDi in Cleethorpes at the weekend. Driven by an old bugger.There must be many Range Rover/Aston Martin owners who would give their left nut for that plate! I am guessing that is worth more than my house.

That's a teacher from my old school, little gnome bloke!You should have popped in to Chateau Diamond for a brew :)Incidentally, I also have VEE 8 on my beetle, unfortunately, it has 02J on the end! :lol:
Chateau Diamond eh? We have friends in Market Rasen that we go and see every couple of months, so will give you a shout next time we are up that way... I might also threaten Ratdat with a visit too :shock:

The new Dutch plates (started with 01-GBB-1, now in -KXX- combinations) make for some odd 3-letter combos, I wouldn't like a plate that had GBH, GFT (stands for veggie, fruit and garden waste), GGZ (nationwide psychological/psychiatric clinics), or JSF. I liked a Dacia Logan that had -HHH- though, pronounced in Dutch as hahaha.

Chateau Diamond eh? We have friends in Market Rasen that we go and see every couple of months, so will give you a shout next time we are up that way... I might also threaten Ratdat with a visit too :shock:

Yeah, do it.. we are only 20 miles from Market Rasen.

I'd forgotten about TAX1.....I first saw it near Guildford on a Silver Mk1 Golf.....About 1983 I think..............I nearly bought 6666JW many years ago, but couldnt afford to insure the car it was on then. Kingfisher Blue Volvo 164!

we bombed around in Edinburgh in 89 in one of those Volvos..awesum machine..we had a high speed blow out on the Forth Road Bridge..it was a well posh car...my rich"friend" dumped it and i was mad..

Numberplates with the car make/model in are a bit charmless.

That's me guilty as charged then..... :roll: Just sold my Honda S-MX that was P2SMXMy Stagea is P2WTFMy Daihatsu is P2YRVAnd currently on retention is T13NKA which has been on a couple of my cars now...... :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I remember a few cars in 1986 were sold in Shrewsbury before someone noticed that the UNT letter configuration was inappropriate. There was a Nissan Micra that parked by the Kingsland bridge every day with such an amusing registration number.

Boss has '5 MUD' on a 2006-ish Land Rover DefenderC11UNT and a big saloon car, it's not pimp in any way, I guess it's genuinely meant to be 'Hunt' or somethingMUM1E on a customer's Range Rover. Terrible I know, cant think of anything worse really.