Daves roffle MGF thread. emissions pass. Finally.

dave21478

Funny that this is back up because it came up in conversation today. Does anyone know what happened to Dave's cars?

Tayne will know for sure as he works with Dave's sister.

Iirc the French plated Ranger would never have been able to be sold due to issues with French paperwork. MGF was rusty and knackered - Dave was going to scrap it once the test was up. I think the Panda the family were going to bring it back to the UK. Metro was unfortunately what he met his demise in.

Tayne will know for sure as he works with Dave's sister.

Iirc the French plated Ranger would never have been able to be sold due to issues with French paperwork. MGF was rusty and knackered - Dave was going to scrap it once the test was up. I think the Panda the family were going to bring it back to the UK. Metro was unfortunately what he met his demise in.

That’s a fair assessment of the situation.

The Panda isn’t coming up here as the niece who wanted it has realised that she’s ill equipped to deal with a re-engined foreign market car with an uncertain engine parts, especially as it’s started dropping oil in spectacular fashion.

That’s a fair assessment of the situation.

The Panda isn’t coming up here as the niece who wanted it has realised that she’s ill equipped to deal with a re-engined foreign market car with an uncertain engine parts, especially as it’s started dropping oil in spectacular fashion.

Dave would have called that running well!

What a great story. Hope to meet you sometime on your way south. I just been given an F  which I will be converting. Sadly a '96 model but the previous owner had passed the CT.

What a great story. Hope to meet you sometime on your way south. I just been given an F  which I will be converting. Sadly a '96 model but the previous owner had passed the CT.

Unfortunately Dave is no longer with us, he passed away last year. 

I'm sure he'll be happy (and/or a little bit bemused!) that someone else is finding his intricate instructions on how to convert an MGF to LHD useful.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...