And so it begins. Goodwood trip.

Faker

It is probably true to say that no car competing at Goodwood that is competetive (ie. within some chance of winning) bears much similarity in the way of tuning and set up to cars that raced in the '50s or '60s.  Just look at the ride heights for a start.

There was a lot of young toffs showing off and waving their money about and clearly just there because 'its the place to be scene' rather than for the cars or event, personally i don't think I'll go again, especially as it cost me so much money, probably near on £800 for the 3 days with a hotel and food.

There's a part of me who'd love to turn up with a massive 'tache in a Triumph 2500 estate, with tart-gfs as passengers, wave a load of 10 bob notes at gate security and create mayhem by refusing to pay £hundreds. Especially if there was a mile-long queue behind and a narrow road. 

It is probably true to say that no car competing at Goodwood that is competetive (ie. within some chance of winning) bears much similarity in the way of tuning and set up to cars that raced in the '50s or '60s.  Just look at the ride heights for a start.

Never mind ride height! A lot if not most of the saloon cars back then were standard with no cages or harnesses!