Peugeot 304 and Renault 5

P304r5

Got no idea if I've done this right but a few people have asked to see my cars so thought I'd upload some photos!

I got the Peugeot when I was 12 and have had it for 4 years now. The bodywork is awful but it has an MOT and that's all that counts! It was featured in a book called My Cool Convertible which features plenty of other shite cars too. Think it was chosen as most 304s have been restored to a high quality whereas mine hasn't :mrgreen:

My Renault 5 has 23,500 on the clock and is an automatic but drives well and still smells like new inside! The only decent photo I have of it is next to the Mk1 Fiesta which unfortunately isn't mine!

post-20546-0-32558800-1472745303_thumb.jpg

post-20546-0-61327100-1472745526_thumb.jpg

Nice cars, is the 5 a Campus Prima? I always though the Prima was a run out model but i may be wrong.

Thank you! To be honest I don't really know what it is. Someone said that it's a GTL(?) but it's registered as a '5 Auto' but has Prima stickers on it. Has fog lights, electric windows and power steering which I haven't seen on any other Prima?

Thank you! To be honest I don't really know what it is. Someone said that it's a GTL(?) but it's registered as a '5 Auto' but has Prima stickers on it. Has fog lights, electric windows and power steering which I haven't seen on any other Prima?

Yes fog lights are not normally on the Prima. Mum had one on an m plate, nice wee cars.

I've seen the Pug before somewhere. I recognise the number plate style as I didn't like it (personal taste, no offence meant). Maybe on a spotted thread somewhere.

Uploaded pictures of the Peugeot to most social media sites. Seems to get a moan frequently. It winds me up when people only focus on the plate and not on the fact it took two years to get roadworthy again after several previous owners gave up! It's legal and they were on the car when I got it so cant be arsed to change them (I'm getting defensive now can you tell :mrgreen: )

nice motors fella, I'm sure I've seen pictures of that mk1 Fiesta before, it seems familiar with muff on the number plate

Excellent stuff. 

The run-out 5s were Campus, not Prima. Renault also did a Clio Campus when the first generation was replaced.

Lovely lovely leeetle Peugeot  8)

26958193506_682e2abcf7_z.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/carspottinguk/26958193506

I've never had a car published.  Well, not outside of the ratethatdriver.co.uk and idiotukdriversexposed.com

thanks!

Nice cars there p304.

Perhaps you could give me a little advice. 

You mention Instagram, and I expect there are many people such as yourself posting pictures of their nice cars.

If I were to sign up for "The 'gram", as I'm reliably informed the young people call it, what would I need to search for to find all the pictures of cool old cars?

I believe it works on hashtags like the twitter?

Thanks,

A slightly confused, not really that old person. 

Excellent stuff. 

The run-out 5s were Campus, not Prima. Renault also did a Clio Campus when the first generation was replaced.

Sort of correct....the Campus originally arrived as the Base spec for the Summer 87 Supercinque facelift and continued til the cars death in the UK. However with the imminent arrival of the Clio in 91... Renault uk at paired the range down to just the Prima and Campus specs at the tail end of 1990. Once the Clio came on full song the Prima spec was dropped quitely to allow the Campus to continue as the sole 5 on sale til it was dropped completely from the line up.

Nice.  I had a 304 once, but it was a shonky estate in primer rather than a delightfully scruffy blue convertible.  And I certainly didn't own it when I was 12.  When I was 12 the only vehicle I owned was a Raleigh Activator mountain bike.

Renner is nice too - PAS on an H-plate 5 must be something of a rarity?  I don't entirely trust the auto 'boxes on those, but with 23.5K on the clock it should hopefully have plenty of life left in it yet.  The only Supercinq I've owned was a B-reg 956cc TC, which was considerably less posh than yours...

The 304 floppytop is a lovely looking thing. I've always thought they're a handsome design - Pininfarina aren't they? Shame that the galloping rot seems to like them, but glad yours is now solid!

Originally had 3 of them! One was kept in a leaking garage for 20 years after it had an electrical fire so that was used for parts and another one was bought from the scrapyard for parts too. It's a shame we had to scrap two of them but honestly they were so rotten they wouldn't have been able to be restored. But yes, my blue one is about 95% metal now just a bit on the rear valance but no one can see that really!

Nice.  I had a 304 once, but it was a shonky estate in primer rather than a delightfully scruffy blue convertible.  And I certainly didn't own it when I was 12.  When I was 12 the only vehicle I owned was a Raleigh Activator mountain bike.

Renner is nice too - PAS on an H-plate 5 must be something of a rarity?  I don't entirely trust the auto 'boxes on those, but with 23.5K on the clock it should hopefully have plenty of life left in it yet.  The only Supercinq I've owned was a B-reg 956cc TC, which was considerably less posh than yours...

Thanks, I love the estates I actually viewed one of them but it sounded like a bag of nails and didn't want to have to rebuild two engines! I did say to my dad when we viewed the 5 that if it was automatic 5 door we wouldn't buy it. But it was so smooth I doubt many people would have said no!

Nice cars there p304.

Perhaps you could give me a little advice. 

You mention Instagram, and I expect there are many people such as yourself posting pictures of their nice cars.

If I were to sign up for "The 'gram", as I'm reliably informed the young people call it, what would I need to search for to find all the pictures of cool old cars?

I believe it works on hashtags like the twitter?

Thanks,

A slightly confused, not really that old person. 

Thank you! If you have an Instagram account then you can search for 'hashtags' say if you wanted to see pictures of a Reliant Robin, you'd search for '#reliantrobin'. Or you can follow someone like me @peugeot304 and see who is liking and following me because they all have similar car interests to me. If you do have an account already tell me your username so I can tag you in some other car accounts that you might like!