320Touring's Toledo FIN

320touring

Really great to see one of these early Toledos still on the road. Last time I saw one was around 2004 in Birmingham for sale at £195! It lookec pretty grim though and had a flat tyre as it clearly been sitting for a ages. Was a K reg in Red with missmatching 10 quid wheel trims all round. 

My Mum and Dad also looked at a Toledo around 1997/98 at a Seat Dealer, but remenber the olympics ltd edition we went to view having a swimming pool in the boot and rust starting to appear and it was only around 3/4 years old then. 

Was Metalic Dark Blue with small graphics above the side trim and some cheapo 5 spoke aftermarket alloys and possibly a boot spoiler? 

They didn't buy it surprise and ended up with a 1994 M reg Fiat Uno 1.4 IES Start Plus instead. 

Good call - the B2 Passat the parents owned had the pistons fall out of a slave cylinder *(whilst they were) on the wrong side of the Erskine bridge whilst still having plenty of material on the shoes.  Dad drove it home using the handbrake and gears to slow down despite having (a) a pair of molegrips to clamp off the brake hose and (b ) RAC cover that he didn't know about because Mum had forgotten she'd bought it and hadn't told him because he'd fly off the handle at the cost because "We don't need that", and aslo because ( c ) he was an obstinate bell-end.

*Edit for clarity - I don't know if the Erskine bridge has slave cylinders, never mind whether they're on the wrong side of the bridge or not...

Good call - the B2 Passat the parents owned had the pistons fall out of a slave cylinder *(whilst they were) on the wrong side of the Erskine bridge whilst still having plenty of material on the shoes. Dad drove it home using the handbrake and gears to slow down despite having (a) a pair of molegrips to clamp off the brake hose and (b ) RAC cover that he didn't know about because Mum had forgotten she'd bought it and hadn't told him because he'd fly off the handle at the cost because "We don't need that", and aslo because ( c ) he was an obstinate bell-end.

*Edit for clarity - I don't know if the Erskine bridge has slave cylinders, never mind whether they're on the wrong side of the bridge or not...

missed the aslo;)

One of the recent Practical Mechanics had a section on VAG rear drums - might be worth the £2.99 or whatever it costs as there might be some handy tips

EDIT - October 2015 issue, not quite as recent as I thought but downloadable

Got it back from the garage eventually- they have a padlocked key drop and only gave me 2 codes.

The one that worked unlocked the top one, so I had to go fishing with cableties to liberate the key.

Handbrake feels much better after 1 new cable as the other freed off.

The old shoes are still on as the shoes they got supplied were the wrong ones.

brakes feel more even and they have apparently tested it on the rollers and it was ok on pedal and handbrake.

Hopefully my brother will take it for an MOT whilst I'm on holiday.

If the brakes still read low I'll take it back to the garage cos I'd asked them to ensure it was mot standard.

fingers crossed