I boughted a Saab

Uncle Jimmy

First off oil was changed for some kwality £15 20/50. The engine turns freely and the oil was surprisingly clean.

Carburettors on these V4 Saabs are a FOMOCO turd which is not highly regarded... It will be cleaned and used briefly before I buy an appropriate Weber.

The body unsurprisingly is worse than I thought,

some rusty holes in the front valance. The wings bolt on so beating out the dents there will be easy enough.

post-18107-0-48742900-1471864858_thumb.jpg

Turtle as in it's turned turtle or are the photos just upside down? ;-)

When you say project, how fooked is it? Edit: Ah.

It's fairly shagged, 55k miles on the clock, the seats and steering wheel appear to corroborate that. The wings and front valance are the areas that will need attention. Sills, floor and upper regions look alright. Moar photos to follow.

Great cars, I had two. The wings go around the sidelights, they are held in place by a 'saddle' which collects mud and crud; take them off, clean and rustproof, they don't look too bad. Only worrying part for rot is the join between inner wing, floor and bulkhead, this is virtually impossible to repair.

my second one wa a 96L, bigger bumpers and slightly roomier.  I think it also had a Weber carb and not Ford, well it didn't die from fuel evaporation unlike the earlier one. More frog than turtle though, especially as the 96L was in Kermit Green :o. Get it running, they are remarkably sure-footed and fun to drive and the only cars other than the Alfa that I would ever have again.