Memoirs from the Hard Shoulder: bASeman's Spot of the Year award.

BorniteIdentity

I reckon he's gained a few extra followers on Twunter today! Looks remarkably solid in the photos, although with it being a BL Mini, I'm sure it'll have a few surprises. Still amazed you found one and the same car though - looking forward to the first start-up and first drive pictures.

Just home now. Gimme a few hours to compile my thoughts and I’ll write something down.

Huge thanks to Wuv and BarMatt for the practical help earlier (I’m totally thick when it comes to useful stuff) and for all the support on here.

It’s been emotional.

post-19618-0-40996700-1549211710_thumb.jpeg

Read it on the beeb, well done, you deserve a beer. Minis have great spares backup and I am sure any decent vinyl graphics place could knock up a set of City decals for it. Hopefully the work it needs wont be too much. Serious Respect Daniel, and give it a good mention on your next show. How stunned were you when yiuvfoubd out it was your gran's old motor?

I ring my mum every Sunday and she knows all about this place. Anyway, she mentioned she'd seen a local news feature on the TV about an old Mini being reunited with its former family and I had been reading this topic just before I rang her...spooky. My folks live down the road in Newmarket.

We got to talking about my dad and grandad's old cars and concluded every single one, bar possibly a Wolseley 15/60 which could be rotting away in a barn somewhere (5214 RO), had been scrapped.

Great story, must be very emotional indeed - well boughted sir :)