BorniteIdentity

Bornite’s Memoirs: Ford Sierra bASe? Completed it mate...

Has anyone slung a fiver at DVLA to get a history of owners done on the Sierra???

or has it already been done - and I've missed it???

On 11/29/2019 at 4:29 PM, LightBulbFun said:

I have run about 1500 cars well mostly invalid vehicles :) , so it works very well for me!

I don't suppose I could be cheeky and ask of you could run my Marina for me please? It was off the road from 1981 until I bought it and I don't really know much about its history. I think it may have changed keeper in the late 70s but I really don't know. 

The reg is PEB762R. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, trigger said:

I don't suppose I could be cheeky and ask of you could run my Marina for me please? It was off the road from 1981 until I bought it and I don't really know much about its history. I think it may have changed keeper in the late 70s but I really don't know. 

The reg is PEB762R. Thanks. 

sure no Problem :) sadly the keeper change date history is a bit patchy, I wonder what the 3rd (4th and 5th) keeper change was about if it was off the road since 1981

image.png.dbcc91ff8e92815c8b106070ab2527a1.png

im not sure why some date have dates and others dont, for example John the keeper of REV between 2000-2019 is not listed, but the 2nd keeper (Dennis webb) is listed, he had it between 1985-2000, and of course im the 4th keeper :) 

image.png.28eda4b6490f1181e8a4207f8129bb5c.png

maybe it was just down to how whoever handled the keeper change on the DVLA/DVLC end at the time entered the data into the computer?

(its worth noting the tool just puts the date of first registration for the first keeper)

Thank you for doing that, that would explain why I'm listed as a the 6th keeper on the V5 then, annoyingly as I bought it after the GDPR changes I don't even have the last keepers details on the current V5. 

I suspect the 2nd keeper is the one who took it off the road in 1981 and its then been transferred to either other family members or the family have moved address but the cars stayed in the same council lock up so each time they have updated the logbook it's shown as a new keeper, sadly the V5 was missing when I bought it so I'll never know now the fully story behind it. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By rainagain
      With a growing family I found I needed a car with six seats, I really didn’t want to end up with a people carrier so I looked at estates with seats in the boot. I really wanted a diesel V70 after owning an S80 but I couldn’t find one I could afford. I looked at 307 SW/estates and found an estate being advertised seriously cheap that just needed ‘brake pads’.  I had the slightly stupid idea of fitting the rear seat mounts and seat belts from a 307 to this estate to save money as the estates are so much cheaper than the SWs.

Before even seeing the car I sent a cheeky text offer of just slightly more than half the advertised price and the owner accepted, it had been her grandad’s car then she had been using to transport her dogs around but now didn’t need. The viewing was a bit mixed it had obviously been sitting for a while as all the discs were rusted up, the ‘brake pads’ it required turned out to be an ABS fault, both this and the stability control lights were on. It had some giffer parking marks on the bumpers and one of the rear doors. The inside stunk of fag smoke and dogs and there was dog hair all over the back half of the car. The clutch/DMF made a slight squeaky noise that went away when you pressed the clutch, whilst the spare wheel was lying in the boot as the carrier mounts had dropped off.

However it was my OH that discovered the best bit, whilst sitting in the car she pressed a button next to the hand brake and the electric roof cover rolled back, this wasn’t an estate, it was the more expensive glass roofed SW complete with all seat mounts and belts in the boot and better than that it was the SE edition so second top of the range! I gave it a quick drive around their estate as it wasn’t taxed and insured and it seemed to go ok. Back at their home I haggled another £50 off due to the ABS fault and the car was mine.

A days insurance purchased and I started to head to my dad's, the drive home resulted in more dash light bingo.

• By Zelandeth
      Well I've been meaning to sign up here in forever, but kept forgetting. Thanks to someone over on another forum I frequent poking me about it recently the subject was forced back into my very brief attention span for long enough to get me to act on the instruction.

I figure that my little varied fleet might bring you lot some amusement...

So...we've got:

1993 Lada Riva 1.5E Estate (now fuel injected, as I reckon the later cars should have been from the factory...).
      1989 Saab 900i Automatic.
      1987 Skoda 120LX 21st Anniversary Special Edition.
      1985 Sinclair C5.
      2009 Peugeot 107 Verve.

Now getting the photos together has taken me far longer than I'd expected...so you're gonna get a couple of photos of each car for now, and I'll come back with some more information tomorrow when I've got a bit more time...

Firstly...The Lada. Before anyone asks - in response to the single question I get asked about this car: No, it is not for sale. Took me 13 years and my father's inheritance to find the thing.

Yes, it's got the usual rusty wings...Hoping that will be resolved in the next couple of months.

Next, a proper old Saab. One of the very last 8 valve cars apparently, and all the better for it. I've driven two 16v autos and they were horrible - the auto box works sooooo much better with the torque curve of the 8 valve engine. Just wish it had an overdrive for motorway cruising...

Next up a *real* Skoda...back when they put the engine where it belongs, right out the back. In the best possible colour of course...eye-searingly bright orange.

Seat covers have been added since that photo was taken as it suffers from the usual rotting seat cloth problem that affects virtually all Estelles.

Then we have possibly the world's scruffiest Sinclair C5...

Realised when looking for this that I really need to get some more photos of the thing...I use it often enough after all! We have a dog who's half husky, so this is a really good way of getting him some exercise.

Finally - again, I really need to take more photos of - we have the little Pug 107.

Included for the sake of variety even if it's a bit mainstream! First (and probably to be the only) new car I've bought, and has been a cracking little motor and has asked for very little in return for putting up with nearly three years of Oxford-Milton Keynes commuter traffic, before finally escaping that fate when my housemate moved to a new job. Now it doesn't do many miles and is my default car for "when I've managed to break everything else."

I'll fill in some more details tomorrow - I warn you though that I do tend to ramble...
    • By strangeangel
      I thought I'd start a thread for this as I'll probably end up asking all sorts of questions, given that this is my first 'proper' Citroën.

So... the ground clearance lever won't go all the way to the highest setting (all others work), which is bad 'cos the book says I need it to do that in order to check the LHM level. It feels like something's seized, so I don't want to force it. Any ideas for a plan of attack would be much appreciated.

Next up are the wheels. I now have a set of 205 pepperpots that have just gone off for powder coating & I need to get some tyres for them. The handbook says the car should have 165/70R14s on, the wheels came with 185/65R14 on. Any thoughts about what size I should get please? Cheers.