auld_ALS

11/7/2019: Bini Camshaft sensor P0011

I'm planning on running it for 3 weeks to see if anything major is wrong with it. If not, then I'll get the belts done and the radiator too, plus an oil change.

The lady I bought it from was going to scrap is so nothing lost/gained etc.

I have all of the locking pins etc for the cam belt change. These usually take me about 3 hours including the water pump. I can post the pins up to you if required, or some sort of autoshite relay could happen. I may even be up in Edinburgh in the next 2 or 3 weeks, so could bring them up.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Cheers Fraser I 😀 I shall let you know.

I'm still using the Corsa and Astra until the end of August then I'll use this. Will bring to the next Scotoshite meet!

5622ca1f333c4b4a6c486342f1964068.jpg

Just dug this out of the garage to check that i still have it. The 16v has a floating crank sprocket, so the tools are essential IMHO. Make sure the kit you get has replacement cam blanking plugs, as you have to punch through them to get them out. Or pull off the cam cover and they drop out, but this is a bit of a faff.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Cheers guys I really appreciate all of this 😀 I will see how it drives for a few weeks just to make sure spendage will be worth it, so far I have only spent a tenner in the mats, which I could use in my Corsa if the worst should happen as the ones in that are a bit old looking.

Aye, I wouldn't rush into spending more time or money on it than you really need to.

Apart from anything else, it's not unheard of for fresh oil to kill an engine that has survived for years on the same dribble of stale, black piss. So at least wait to see that you're not clobbered by that twist of fate.

So I've had this in service for a couple of days now and touch wood, it goes great!

It had been sitting in my garage for a week and the radiator had started weeping a touch so I got a new Valeo one for £16 from Amazon.

However, bizarrely, now that the car is in use, the weep has almost stopped. Je ne dinnae ken pas?

My neighbour had a W reg one a few years ago and he loved tinkering with it and really likes mine, says he wants it when I am finished with it.

No immediate plans other than to just drive but if it lasts until Christmas and I can find the parts cheap I may get the belts done together with an oil change.

I didn't realise that these are almost pure 19 underneath too.

I managed to get a Valeo radiator for this in Amazon for £16 delivered although the weep seems to stop completely when the car is in regular use so I'll just put that by for now.

There are quite a few cheap branded timing belt kits out there too but the parts matching facility on eBay and Amazon is patchy. One thing the listings do contain is a note of the OEM part number so if I had that I could get a match.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a source of these OEM part numbers please? I have looked at a few so-called sources on the Internet from a Google search but they range from little to no use.

I have been looking at timing belt kits for this car, which is a 2001 1.4 16v, but it's all a bit confusing. I know my engine is the K4J however how do I know what the second part of the number is, which consists of a 3 digit number? I don't want to end up with a kit for an 8v by mistake.