Toyotally Fixerating Bitz 'n Bobs.. A Diary

tooSavvy

SWMBO seatbelt latch has been loosly flopping about on its retaining bolt.... As if the hole was too big on the bolt ?

50119024151_a9775a54da_c.jpg

After stripping out the plastic cover I discovered the spring/welch washer (presumably to allow wobbly movement but not 'rattly') has fretted away and snapped.... I tried to loosen the 14mm bolt but.. even with a tube on my ratchet.. couldn't break it away :(

Plan B formed as using twopack adhesive to flow into the void and 'gummie up' the hole/make movement stiffer ;)

The slight shine on the washer base is it, after glooping on with a piece of plastic.

50119032006_35f259cac8_c.jpg

Working just fine now(rattle-less).... see how it goes!

I have bought a 5metre roll of 8mm x 20mm waterproof cabinet door gasket.

This sticks to itself like $hite on a blanket so, by moulding around a preformed gasket footprint (of the spoiler contact area) I'm confident of making a neat install of the Primera spoiler/with grommet for the LED brake light wiring ;)

..... nice, sunny dry day today....

Further progress on 'finessing' the bootspoiler fit.

There is a 19mm gap to mine, at the centre foot, due to Nissan bootlid curvature so I have bonded together a couple of pieces of laminate flooring material and will today profile it to match the foot.

When glued on and painted up this piece should look spiffing..... ;)

Some while ago I bought some 'two pack/sausage stick' epoxy filler, like £2.99 delivered @ebay. Writing is Polish <with english on the back>.

Reckoned it was ideal for slapping over the join, here on the foot extension.

50147415668_a730a35dd7.jpg

FinnEll.... It Is Stikkie!

Done a great job and reckon just right for this application :)

I'm getting near to installing my boot spoiler.....

#barryboy alert ?

... well, I don't think so. The 90's Primera P11 was, to my recollection, a fairly good seller but not as a 4door? I certainly never saw a 4door boot spoiler on ebay >>> and I have been looking at 'boot spoiler' search for a LONG TIME!

I'm happy to live with this addition and, given the car is worth around SqRootofEfAll, halving it's value through tacky mods is not a dealbreaker.

Will up date with final preps & drilling holes/wiring soon ;)

*Sunny2day

What a Nightmare!!

Properly a 'two man' job, and with the LED brake wiring going in through another hole then any jiggling - attempting to get one of either bolts started - was nigh on impossible.... My ffinn back! ?

Of course, the bolt holes were behind the boot frame pressing SO I had to nick the skin with my cutting disk & fraybentos it back....

..... luckily the full fabric board/trim covers the inner skin so there are no nicks to be seen now, after folding back  :)

Measure 42times [worry some more....] 48times and 'just ffiinn Do It!' = perfect alignment and the holes are just a few mm bigger than the bolts  ;)

I parted the loom connection right on the brakelight/tail spur.... Jammed the pedal down and pinned out the brake feed.... Earthed on a chassis bolt and forced the live into the space at the pin shoulder (in the loom connector) and zipped the wire tight PiggyBack.

I will sort out a short fone vid demonstration when I have someone else to help..... All My Own Work today.

Well Happy

I have a U-Toob coming of a 'walk round' & brake testing....

Just need to edit down and get the engine sounds muted (in a covered carpark in Wallsend) >>> passing traffic sounds like dustbins down the stairs.

Watch This Space ;)

Weather is predictably $hite 2day.....

..... and my wipers are demonstrating the essential pointlessness of buying £2.99 B&M candles ?

Bit the bullet and did a Halfrauds @£19 (yes... My hands were shaking as *I put them on!)

*eschewed offer from till operative to 'have them fitted?'

Factory view clarity restored :)

Got to admit it = Wipers/Tyres/Friction material - Buy Cheap & Be Sorry ;)

On 7/31/2020 at 8:56 AM, tooSavvy said:

I'm getting near to installing my boot spoiler.....

#barryboy alert ?

... well, I don't think so. The 90's Primera P11 was, to my recollection, a fairly good seller but not as a 4door? I certainly never saw a 4door boot spoiler on ebay >>> and I have been looking at 'boot spoiler' search for a LONG TIME!

I'm happy to live with this addition and, given the car is worth around SqRootofEfAll, halving it's value through tacky mods is not a dealbreaker.

Will up date with final preps & drilling holes/wiring soon ;)

*Sunny2day

4dr’s were all over the place, mate. I had one for years, bought in 2002.

Spoyla fittin’ IMMINENT ?

Posty just dropped this in....

4c3128003c7d9992c0efab3c8541f4c3.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252800552624

I replaced the rubber gasket, with Hylomar splodged around, on my Cambox. I still find I'm having an oily splodge past the gasket and I don't want to screw the alloy down until it bends!!

This should be just the job.... I was rather taken by the price (inc Del) and it seems lots of other brand labels >> on the same stuff >> have it more expensive  :)

... just need a bit more sunny weather ...

1 hour ago, Out Run said:

4dr’s were all over the place, mate. I had one for years, bought in 2002.

Spoyla fittin’ IMMINENT ?

Errr.. Well, yes m8. I was mebbies a bit unclear on that point..

The Primera 4door, with this boot spoiler, may have been everywhere in the past....

.... I haven't ever seen (flagged in search/noticed it/caught my eye) one available for me to buy when looking these past years.

I'm pleased with how it has turned out and, for £30, the LED is a cool bonus :)

36 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

Errr.. Well, yes m8. I was mebbies a bit unclear on that point..

The Primera 4door, with this boot spoiler, may have been everywhere in the past....

.... I haven't ever seen (flagged in search/noticed it/caught my eye) one available for me to buy when looking these past years.

I'm pleased with how it has turned out and, for £30, the LED is a cool bonus :)

Aye lol. They have basically disappeared, agreed!

WE WANT FINISHED PICS

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 10:00 AM, tooSavvy said:

I have been using, for years, a Halfraud ciggy tyre inflator. Has a dial to select 'cut-off' pressure <never worked, even new> ?

Last week, popping a few pounds in, it began labouring and even stopped once <the on/off switch failed years ago and it is wired direct now> .... HOWEVER the end of the black ciggy 'plug-in' had melted/chewwy gum :(

I have bought this >>>

81Sf9U18v4L._SL1500_.jpg

See if we get 20yr out of it......

*it has no on/off switch but I shall cut in a LazyBetty rocker switch.

;)

Well well...

1st moment of action for my Pump.... My tyres are really good at staying up! ;)

.... I have a battery torch/digi pressure gauge always in the drivers door pocket. The front n/s tyre looked a wee squishhy :(

I whipped off the caps and found o/s 24 but n/s 15....

Pump dug out of boot (the boot lid stays up fine, with new Bootlid Spoiler fitted = Winnah! ) and off it buzzed.... Gauge quite accurate and I unplugged at 26 indicated.... AND it was 26!!

..... Sisssed out a bit to my digi reading 25, good enough.

Good Test = Good Buy

#tyre/nail interface check planned.....

• 1 month later...