Toyotally Fixerating Bitz 'n Bobs.. A Diary

tooSavvy

Ahhh.... Err Sozz My Fault  :?

Someone on here was going on about making your posted shots 'private' (no one can browse other shots in your folder).

I thought 'private' meant on but not searchable... It Means NO IMAGE Doh!!

I have clicked for them all to back to 'Public' but Flickr for some unfathonable reason has only 'un blanked' some of my images....

I will try aginn... so sozzz

TS

Ahhh Haaaaaa :)

I have kernackkered engine mounts (F/R) :(

I have parts organised :)

However.... for some long while I have had a big knock - like hitting the bulkhead with a scaffy - when hitting a pothole/turning right!

I think the Gbox Engine mounting is giving out = loud metal twank on chassis..

I have one on the way... YaY ;)

TS

3 bushings arrived thismorning. I think the Rear bush is good to use... But I'm still thinking of squashing some goo into it... Decisions Decisions eh ;)

The HottedUp HONDA boyzz have reference to:- 3M FastCure 5200 Boating Adhesive.

Seems a tube could be about £16 8)

TS

DPD Hebburn Depot delivered my parcel.

Got a mail giving me an ETA, told me what my Delivery Slot was (No 9) & that my driver was at Delivery Slot No1

I popped onto the Site Link about 15 mins after the start of my 'expected delivery time' - 9:15/10:15 - and it said he was on Delivery Slot No8 + Due in 15 mins... and he was blob on  :-P

I like it alot!!

TS

As it was the first decent/warm/dry day for a month!!

27173457438_92915b54e9_c.jpg

26174355107_d57a2ebafa_c.jpg

40151840585_4208132321_c.jpg

I made sure the adhesive was smeared onto the inner surfaces before forcing the bulk into the gaps.. This should give maximum grip ;)

7 days in the warm cupboard, for full curing, and then off to the garage for fitting.

The upper & gbox mounts will be fitted sometime in the future.

TS

The 'blurb', with the adhesive tube, says it will begin curing - in the tube - within 24hr of the seal being broken (as well as piercing the nozzle end it has a 'ring pull' seal at the pressing end!) so I was concerned I might lose what was left in the tube = around 50% :(

As I have bought a brand new Front mounting - Blueprint/Febi part - I decided to bosh-up the voids on that as well... ;)

Nonetheless around 25% went in the bin.

Curing time will pass & off to the garage to fit them.

TS

My brand new Blueprint FRONT mount..

40555172844_3252acf19c_c.jpg

You can see here how the 3M 5200 bead runs around the extreme edge. The mount is spherical, like a doggy ball, but very lightly secured in the steel ring at its edge >> now it is more like a do-nut - there is a matching bead on the other side ;)

TS

Since getting this car I have had an intermittent issue with wet carpet in the passenger front footwell.
Usually after a solid wet period the carpet would be soggy and some newspaper would be needed under the h/d 'PROTON' rubber mat :(

Webbie searching threw up windscreen seal shrinkage or sunroof drains.

After watching septics cleaning drain pipes, with 'weed wakka' string, I thought I'd have a look-see...

*note - need dry sunny day / ho bloody ho :/

Dry sunny morning today....

Took sill flash cover and lower carpet corner trim off.

Reached into void and my finger touched the roof drain plastic pipe... Somewhat alarmingly, it rattled & waved about and I'm sure it is meant to be long enough to be positioned loosely [through the sill section/hole] into the empty space below :(

TUBE IS TOO SHORT!

26576951107_0326eb13d2_c.jpg

B737EC9E-B6E8-4A4F-A409-DD72D8CED3B4.jpg

I inserted the above, a polypipe insert, and only pushed it 1/4 way in - very tight fit luckily - and now the extended pipe end is stuck down and through the factory sill hole :)

40733927054_ffafcf3585_c.jpg

Pouring water into the sunroof drain tray and it's running out of the sill bottom...

I poured water into the Drivers side (never a problem) and that came out the sill too! :)

26598453767_2908cd2fd0.jpg

Will check over the next week or so.... Rainagain Sunday :)

Off to the garage 9AM tomorrow. ;)

A while ago I bought 2x wipers, from my local factors, about £4 each.

The pass side has started 'aunnkk aunnkk' >> stotting on the upstroke and it is annoying :(

£12 at Halfrauds... Nope... £1.99 @HomeBargains :)

... The wiper, however, is a placcy shitehawk chink lashup.

I snapped the wiper open >> slotted the rubber into my noisy arm assy >> clipped it together = tres bon!

GR9 :)

Job done YaY :)

.... now when I power on/off I get the Noddy Dog effect >> before it was like a shunty thump/associated engine rattling.

I have only driven 2 miles but, at the lights, I felt the very slightest vibration through the wheel, on tickover.

This is a 'reinforced/modded' mount now but the one that came off was in two pieces so I reckon the engine has been 'not clamped down' for a while so no-vibes is not a valid comparison.

2hrs = £70... But I'm much happier, so an 'investment' really.

Over the last 10days I have been getting 'bacon slicer' noise on right turns, especially mini rbts...

Examining the f/n/s brake disc (slender spoke alloys=ftw) I can see a bright spot on the rust ring of the disc :(

.... further peering shows the pad to be as thick as a beermat, hence caliper/disc interface!!

My garage did the rear shoes/bled the WHOLE system for the last MOT >> must have thought the fronts were 'not life expired'.

They are now.... I will do it at the weekend/when I get pads + sunshine!

*EDIT >> Amazon @£19 - Mintex MDB1251, by Sat.

50% success...

The 12mm bolts, retaining the caliper sliders, 3 came out [with a fight!] but the last isn't having any :(

Used my 6 sider socket and inch equivalent.. Nope.

Heat... But didn't want to fry rubber boot = Nope.

I don't have a rattle gun so I have ordered a selection of Torx sockets (seen the price of Metrinch!!) and will give them a go - turning on the flanks rather than points.

I do, however, have an Impact Wrench....

• 2 weeks later...

Taking advantage of the current sunshine...

41077821145_853a9f62ef_c.jpg Buff_off

27108441097_7fb340554d_c.jpg Lidl_grey

.... I have buffed up the plating I had done when I got the car.

Two winters had frazzled it somewhat but nothing of further rot = I waxoyled the shit out of the void, when it was done!

Give it another two 'salt seasons' and we will see.....

*BigUp 4 Lidl one-coat ;) ** actually 5coats, dries really fast in the warm !