Toyotally Fixerating Bitz 'n Bobs.. A Diary

tooSavvy

Strange Fact!.....

.. this is an 'automatic' spec rad, for the E9x Corolla - and came with two brass connectors for the Trans Cooling pipes [discarded].

It is described as 'compatible' with the T171 Carina II BUT is about 2" narrower  :? ...

The front box/hole in the car is completely filled with this width of rad.... therefore some of the 'factory' rad must have been shrouded in any case....

I'm well chuffed for £18  :-P  Eh?

37607285456_f051b42c5c_c.jpg 

37607268036_2ea37f6b1b_c.jpg

TS

I noticed (as I was under the car at the exhaust place) that a good streak of engine oil is smeared over the subframe... It is coming down the front, from the Cambox Cover seal [TADTS].

I popped £13 for this lot....

23904657038_b95e6b5a6d_c.jpg

... I have a bit of Blue Hylomar non setting in my toolbox but thought A BIG TUBE wouldn't go amiss  :-P

Not the most demanding of 'spannering tasks' so I will D-I-Y

TS

A really smashing chap, on RR 'south of the border', is sorting me a mintolla Carina II grille.

Anyone make a guess at how much 'crossing the briney' from Eire is going to cost me? Postal packet or courier rates best??

Not very heavy....

TS

Well.. Home again. 275 miles of 'usual service, sir' :)

.... however... :(

My rear n/s tyre was down to 17lbs [looking squidgy] so I buzzed it up with my leccy pump and dropped by my local ATS for a 'nail check'... 2 nails, 2" apart - like skinny panel pins.

26173185199_ab05ee7fa8_c.jpg

*not of relevance to those living in block paved heaven*

Having BtL properties all along our terraced street, we have odd-jobbie types doing 'eviction repairs'/working out of the back of the transit... Hence a litany of chipboard screws &or brads/others are to be found in the gutter or pretty much anywhere else :( :(

Whilst the ATS guy was driving the car into the shed - window down - he informs me he thinks the NEW exhaust is leaking/chuffing.

Whizzes it up and announces it is split where the 2into1 pipes are joined just under the manifold flange. Faulty weld.

He will whang on another... Tuesday :)

Warranty work = gold plated YaY

He will settle the two plug/repairs then... but he may swing it as inconvenience for the faulty ex ;)

TS

My PAS belt whelped like a beaten whippet t'other day... It was a cold night, I had just fired up and the PAS kicked back through the steering wheel like someone was heaving on the front wheels...  :-(

However...

My MOT guys swapped both the WP & PAS last month, I supplied the belts from the factors, so >> they are doing me a 'No Charge' NipUp.. tomorrow @9AM  :-P

TS

In my motoring life, I have owned a total of 1 jap motor **.....a Toyota starlet...I think they are a soulless car, BUT, in their defence they do seem to do a duracell bunny and keep on going....

** and 2 Protons - which were based on jap..... :D