Toyotally Fixerating Bitz 'n Bobs.. A Diary

tooSavvy

If I can find a business with a large enough plate glass window I may take a phottie (with a double image) and 'mock in' the BTCC saloon.

Photoshoppie wonks on here... no doubt... could do a cool rendition without my car /and or shop window ;)

TS

... $hite....

.. two stonechips on the leading edge of the bonnet, offside. Both size of a lentil!

A pen of 'smudge-up' required.... Cannot find the toyyo paint/code equivalent in Halfrauds :-(

I seem to see a Rover colour, looking at the tin tops, which might do it. Perhaps I will unscrew the petrol flap and cart it into the shop :?

TS

• 2 weeks later...

I see, from looking under the bonnet, an alarm has been installed...... Dead as a Kipper tho!

..... aneehoo....

I really miss the 'plip' lock on MrSavvy.

818uWaDzA8L._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00L6EFE3W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wiring seems fairly straightforward, mind  :?

34939396494_001c8b2ef2_z.jpg

Blue/White = triggers doors 'LOCK'

Blue/Yellow = triggers doors 'UNLOCK'

.... job for first fine/warmish/light day, methinkks :-P

TS

Fitted one of those to my zx to replace the useless factory fitted system. Wiring instructions were a bit dodgy, you have to earth a few wires that wasn't clear on my instructions. they work great though, car is at the end of the garden and they work from my lounge at front of the house.

:-P ... aye! They seem to be on a 'variation' of frq - you need to have the box learn your plip - so although 'universally on sale' >> you are unlikely to lock/unlock half a dozen cars [with them fitted] in Tesco carpark on a Saturday... lolzz

TS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have tried to use the Cassette Player Adapter, bought the other day, but I still have no idea why the 'tape head' is off/no sound unsure.png.

I snagged a loom Plug Adapter, for Toyyo loom (£3.99 delivered) and will solder up the rats nest hanging out of my 'been on the shelf forever...' AIWA.

35391860470_c306f893a1_z.jpg

AIWA CT-R430MYZ

.... just need to crack [sic] off the fascia here....

34969832983_dd78e869fa_z.jpg

.... and slot it in.

It has the 3.5 Jack, for 'AUX' input, on the detachable faceplate & my Player-on-a-Stick plays a thumbstick... No Problem wink.png

TS

Whilst I'm at it... I need a +12v/Earth for the 'PlipLock' module so, while soldering my AIWA tails into the radio loom plug, I will add a red + black tail - about 2ft long - to get me a connection above the pedals & no need to hack into the loom under the steering wheel ;)

TS

Soldering didn't go too well..... wacko.png

The tips all silvered but I could not get them to fuse to each other... Very Odd huh.png

Trusty 'Choccy blok' connectors to the rescue... Weyy aye!!

35648227641_a341333ef9_z.jpg

4 screws and fascia off... 4 screws in bracket supports HU [removed]... Toyyo HU is 'inside' the DIN Hole >> AIWA has a collar so is 'outside'/slid through the DIN Hole.

Holes in Toyyo bracket lined up, at the rear, so all is tight as a drum in there wink.png

35391954690_36ff1123eb_z.jpg

Fed the +12v/Earth tails through the dash and they are coiled loosely, just down by the clutch pedal.

Absolutely Steaminn... 'buried the needle'... Rockkinnonn YaY balloon.gif

TS

• 2 weeks later...

When ToMM© went in for Dampers... I had a 'light' sevice done (filters + oil/gbox check).

I did not have the plugs done [oversight, really]...

Just blagged these:-

NGK BCRE527Y [x4] @ £13 Delivered.

... likely cheaper somewhere ... but I'm just too lazy 8)

TS