Tell me what is the MOST comfortable car for a passenger

New POD

What I will say about Jazz GD seats is they are fucking uncomfortable (*maybe not for those of Japanese build). Best seats I've come across were Volvo 240, with some 300 series cars sharing similar frames. Isn't skattrd still trying to punt a 340 CVT? Job, jobbed.

Cant comment on the Jazz seats as I've only driven one for short periods as a courtesy car while the S2000 was being serviced, however the top end stuff of the bigger ranges are really good. 

(rolls out stock answer)

Camry.

Mine is comfier than my 9-5 was, and is comfier than the v70 is. And they are both comfy cars.

And you know'll it will start every morning.

I have a bit of a delicate back - it's fine in all of the above to scotland or further.

IMO don't bother looking at anything vag - god knows who they model their ergonomics on but they don't resemble me. Borrowed the bosses new A3 once and had to stop for a rest / stretch / moan before oxford. Having started from swindon. 

Oh - and alfa's. Our spider used to have me in tears.

I've had terrible back problems for years, and find it's a combination of ride comfort, seat comfort and pedal weight.  It's the main reason I've been driving 405s for ten years as I find them so comfortable (and fun too).

The Rover 75 had a brilliant ride but I found the seats shapeless and too hard.  Wouldn't mind trying an Omega.  Can't believe people recommending Binis, the ride is rock hard on them.  C5s very good for comfort but fragile, if you fancy something newer, bigger and easy to get in and out of Quashqais are apparently very comfortable.

rover 820 coupe, those have seats which are superior to an XJ6, which are brilliant,

+1 also for the Camry. the seats in those are also most excellent as are the seats in a granada 3 or scorpio.

trouble now with alot of those suggestions been that they are all quiet long in the tooth.

while i know excellent examples are still around, they will take some finding given the number of worn out ones that are floating atound.

Something with 3 Rows of seats where you can take out the middle row and sit in the back.

Many old school MPV do this. Shalhambraxy/Sintra/Espace.

Not sure on the newer ones, people carriers seem to be the only class of vehicle that seem to be getting smaller!

There is only one answer for passenger comfort and that is the back of a Rolls or Bentley. They are amazingly comfortable but probably not the best as an everyday car. French were also very comfy and my 204 is nearly as squishy as the Rolls but the newer you get the harder they have become.

Newpod , I know of a very nice V8 Chevy Caprice going locally for about £1500 , you'd be doing it purely for the wife so she couldn't complain

Can I borrow it the weekend after next ?

Can't believe people recommending Binis, the ride is rock hard on them.  

The seats are infinitely adjustable so as a driver, there is no particular compromise on your position, unless someone with legs wants to sit behind you, in which case, you go UP rather than back.

The ride is firm, but somehow seems to soak up the bumps.

Renault Clio Mk2 (last of the old shape) had great seats small car big car comfort. You could do a suspension job to soften the ride I have contemplated this. I bin told Wheel sizes + tyre depth & width all play apart. I was enquiringly after such a car & a chappie said Cit c4 a it too bad So other half is toying with C4 or Skoda Fabio

Says ZX is too old & slow like you've guessed it. Another point to note is the crash test rate tings Old Renaults?