New IPB4 skin preview

daveb47

Don't want to be negative when I know a lot of work goes into this stuff, but honestly I think header-wise what we have at the moment is more suitable.

Do we not already have an image of three "shite cars" from the old banner that could be used (one an old VW and one a Hunter from recollection)?

It would also be nice if we could retain our orange logo typeface if possible as well.

That aside, the general background / board design looks really good.

As a couple of others have said, all, including I, massively appreciate your work on here. As for the skin header though, I'm much more inclined to go with something similar to the original, but possibly different cars. My vote is for a Tagora, a mk1 Renault 5 and a Vauxhall Ventora. But that's just me!

75b164833daf85ec1546bba1f6ebf4ed24e0d5f2

As a couple of others have said, all, including I, massively appreciate your work on here. As for the skin header though, I'm much more inclined to go with something similar to the original, but possibly different cars. My vote is for a Tagora, a mk1 Renault 5 and a Vauxhall Ventora. But that's just me!

75b164833daf85ec1546bba1f6ebf4ed24e0d5f2

Harvested from Web Archive, roughly 2008:

logo.gif

Yeah it looks a bit too 'new' and a bit American for me...

Think it needs to be a bit more retro, and the autoshite name is just plain wrong! It should be the current orange one, or autoshite in a muddy tyre print as if its the tread. And it should be rusty at the bottom or something...

And the less said about the cars there the better... My picks would be a Reliant Rialto, a rusty MX5 (I'm biased) and Sierra base or a Tagora.

Have the designers visited the site, and seen what its all about? Guess its just not to my taste.... Sorry.

Is it not Electric Leyland's decision about logo etc? I don't know how much he handed over in terms of daily running.

I'm thinking update the skin for the new board software but keep the logo/typeface, and if you can get the 2008 logo cars in there even better. Surely the whole point of Autoshite is "if it's working adequately, then it doesn't need to be updated"

Is it not Electric Leyland's decision about logo etc? I don't know how much he handed over in terms of daily running.

I'm thinking update the skin for the new board software but keep the logo/typeface, and if you can get the 2008 logo cars in there even better. Surely the whole point of Autoshite is "if it's working adequately, then it doesn't need to be updated"

Unlike cars forum software is upgraded by publisher every few years & if it is a major upgrade then it is partly because software is getting easier to hack/exploit etc,& it is a silly idea to  not upgrade.

It has been left to me to service,run and generally run board.

I supply & pay for (with help of donations)server,forum software licences,& everything else.

Not really heard from Electric Leyland since i took over running of board,spoken to him once i think.

Just setting situation straight.

As i said in first post it is just an initial  idea,will get back to them with all your comments etc.