The third one in the container...

nigel bickle

Well -sorted.

You may recall my recent purchase of an Isuzu bellet in Oz -that the vendor has kindly overhauled to ro-ro here.

Except -there arent any ro-ro's till at least Feb -seems the manufacturers have pre-booked ALL the space on every boat (times must be good down there!).

I then added an Fiat 124 estate to the mix -and discovered that a container became more 'viable' -the fuller it got.

So -I went after this Fiat 1500

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/nigelbickle/fiat/18ba_0.jpg

but got out-sniped.

X'cept the 'buyer' then tried to negotiate- and I was just 'friendly' (got to be long distance -cos once they have your money....)

So -the deal has been done -inc shipment to the port, a new battery -a shed load of spares (inc engine/g'box etc) -all for less than the previous winning bid.

Aint aussies grand -look forward to it emerging chrysalis like -with 2 others next Spring.

Now all I have to work out is how to get 3 cars home in one go!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wuvvum -thats why I keep hunting for a period beavertail at a sensible price -and still watching that French Trannie. Got my mates -en France -involved asking all those difficult questions -seems Ok so far...If I win it -its going to transported to Alencon whhere they'll get it running etc -and have 'free' use till I get over -probably in the Spring.But it still wont be early enough for this trio.Michiel -not a peep. If you can pm me his details -I'll contact him.

Reg nope -but I have bought a mk1 Transit beavertail down in the Alps.Eddie -why not -the exchange rate is good -the people are truly helpful -only downside I can see at pres is the bloody shipping.No Ro-ro (anywhere -by anyone-I've tried every shipper going...)before the end of Feb- IF I BOOK NOW! Cant do that -cos what I now own wont wait that long -and I cant book a car I dont even know exists. Containering 1 car goes from £995 to around £1500 -so thats a no-no. Only route I could find was 3 in a container -£2700 plus £600 handling fee -about £1100 each -but I can fill the container up with parts -which I am doing!I hope their booming economies in the southern hemisphere will slow a bit -so i can get a few more rust-free motors over! There are some truly nice cars out there...

This was the Cedric I was drooling over HERE. Cheap or what!I'd love to get hold of all the bits to convert my 312 back to column shift and bench seat but I suspect it'd be easier just to buy a whole car for spares than to source the bits and get them removed and delivered. 312's don't pop up on ebay all that often though.

Nigel, if you're shipping a container, do you think I could get a couple of rear quarters shipped back here for my pickup? Have you actually got a container organised yet? I've got no issues paying to have quarters shipped here, just nobody who sells them wants to do it but I could probably get them shipped within Oz. Just a thought. It'd help me no end with my pickup project.