lisbon_road

Mk3 Astra. Using glue on rear arches

Today I made up a sill closing panel and welded/glued it in.  That's the offside finished.  I attacked the nearside and it only has surface rust, albeit quite deep.  I'm taking the car to the bodyshop tomorrow to ask them to paint it.  (They are open and as a key worker using this car for food deliveries almost daily, I think I'm ok doing this).  I will be asking for the front wing to be painted as it is rotten at the bottom and I have another, the top half of the drivers door as there is a bad defect on it, the drivers side sill and the arch on both sides.  I've really no idea what they will quote but I know that they are not busy.  Here's the panel.

DSC07018.JPG

I wonder what titanium silver is like for a paint match?

Which reminds me.  I thought that it is Rembrandt Silver, a most splendidly pompous name for a car colour.  However, I bought some and it isn't.  This is Titanium Silver.  

It is booked in for next week.  Paint replacement front wing (old one rotten at the bottom, there's a surprise), top half drivers door, both rear arches, and complete sill.  Should look tidy after that lot.  I've done a fair bit of work on this one and this'll be the only money spent really.  

I go in Tuesday morning and get the wing and various bits off for them.

The car is in the bodyshop.  I visited today and it is all filled and ready for the next stage, but I had said to them 'take as long as you like' and they got some vans in which are in need of immediate work.  So my car waits, which is perfectly ok as it has given me an excuse to get 'the other' Astra out.  That's my red, two owner from new, LPG 158K mile much cleaner car.  Which begs the question: why do I have two?  I have no idea.  But I got it out of the lockup this morning and have used it for charity food deliveries today.  Some people were really pleased to get some food today, what crazy times we are in.  

DSC07049b.jpg