J-J's Road rubbish

j-j

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

One or two recent spottages:

A turquoise beast!

IMAG0070.jpg

This took my by surprise as this shopping centre crap park is usually full of the usual housewife in Porsche Cayennes

IMAG0057.jpg

And the other day I spotted a classic and chatted to the owner who was reliving his youth

IMAG0088.jpg

I suspect the Triumph of his youth was many degrees shiter though..

Also spotted this future shite in Glasgow city centre

IMAG0090.jpg

Pics might turn out HUGE so right click and 'view image' to see all

• 1 month later...

Seems like Ive not been on here for ages but here are a few recent snapz. I was given the opportunity to work a week as a mech in a Citroën resto place in Kent and being a Citroën fanatic, spent a week's holiday doing just that.

Here's my CX on arrival at the place - DSs and a Benz but there was more to come!

IMAG0118-1.jpg

More to come in the form of a pristine Renner 4 and a sneaky wee Fiat 500 - my CX now among friends

IMAG0125-1.jpg

IMAG0124-1.jpg

It's a DS place mostly (in case you just didn't guess..)

IMAG0126-1.jpg

IMAG0130-1.jpg

New rebuild project that arrived from Birmingham

IMAG0136-1.jpg

Folks I was staying with were Citroen guys too but unconnected to the place I was working at - Son had this blue Dyane that I followed to their own Citroen workshop

IMAG0131-1.jpg

Which turned out to have a number of other beasts beginning with this Grandad owned by Phil, the workshop owner

IMAG0132-1.jpg

I was quite taken by this: Ghia V6 in good condition - looked the same as the one my dad had (tho his not a V6!)

IMAG0133-1.jpg

Late-ish CX GTi

IMAG0134.jpg

I was too thick to snap the MR2, Early type Scimiter and old Alfa that was there... the MR2 was a courtesy car!

Back up here in Glasgow and I'm greeted yesterday by this wonder:

IMAG0151.jpg

Yes, it's a Lidl crap park!

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0154-1.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

Say what you want about the Marina - this is ACE! (size of doors notwithstanding) Swiss (?) plates on it.

Must admit that Marina made my day!

That silver CX GTi is stunning and manages to look more modern than the [lovely] Granada parked next to it, despite its styling being at least ten years older :D

Those cliffs and railway power lines look awfully familiar. Is the resto place in Folkestone, by any chance?

That silver CX GTi is stunning and manages to look more modern than the [lovely] Granada parked next to it, despite its styling being at least ten years older :D

Those cliffs and railway power lines look awfully familiar. Is the resto place in Folkestone, by any chance?

Close, the railway lines are a bit of the line to the Chunnel - 'nother guess?

Well, I say 'close' It's in Kent if that narrows it down! (it doesn't)

Somewhere in Ashford or the Medway towns, perhaps?

Pawnote: I was born in Canterbury and spent the first 23 years of my life living in a village near Dover, but have very little knowledge indeed of anywhere in Kent west of an imaginary line drawn between Whitstable and Folkestone...

Not sure on Norway - I was there and every car I saw new or old had plates of the same dimensions as here (or thereabouts) the Marina does have a little circle within the plate that could be a tax thing Germany style? Doesn't Slovakia or Czech rep. have something like that too?

Hennabm: that Beigy CX is giving me special feelings! Nice.

Also, you could get a connection from South Norway to Denmark, drive to Netherlands and get a ferry to Newcastle. Of course the Marina guy could live way up past Tromsø, Arctic way. Bit of a trek all the same. People do travel for the weird deals in Lidl

• 2 weeks later...

Day off, shite weather, no spots at all coz shite dissolves in the rain until I spotted this little beaut:

IMAG0177.jpg

Ok, it has those modern replacement lights and stupid painted mirrors but otherwise pretty devine

IMAG0178.jpg

don't like the chav-o-matic exhaust either but still nice to see this

That is all.

Bona fide XR2 according to mycarcheck.com, looks a bit strange on the Fiesta Supersport alloys but otherwise not too bad, I wonder whether it's just started on the slippery road to being bastardised beyond belief or maybe in the latter stages of having the modifications reversed.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 years later...