Unusual Maxi anyone?

Torsten2001

I've just listed this on ebay to save it from being broken, it has had an electric tilt and silde sunroof from new! It's in a mates yard and as he'll get £400 for the displacers that's the reserve, please pass the word around!

I am listing this on behalf of a friend! This car was taken in at his garage and I've convinced him to list it here first before breaking it. I can tell you my impressions from driving it and looking over it but if you have any questions can you please call Les at BL Transverse on 020 8654 3069, the car is located in London SE25.

The thing which attracted me to this Maxi is not the unusual silver paintwork with paprika interior but the fact that it was fitted with an electric tilt and slide sunroof from new! Apparently it was a Ford unit fitted at the dealer. Aside from that the car looks stunning in it's silver coachwork despite the dent on the off side front wing, the interior is in good condition too although the headlining is tired! The sunroof works well on tilt and intermitantly on slide and it is fitted with a quality period Pioneer stereo that still performs well.

The car starts instantly and runs really well with a very smooth engine and gearbox. The seats are comfortable and in good condition, all the controls work as they should and the car stops and handles well as you'd expect being shod with good Pirellis all round.

Bodily the car is pretty rust free, Les has had a brief look underneath and noted that it needs a small patch welded for the MOT, it would seem the car has had little welding in the past. The Off side front wing is dented but repairable, the silver paint is faded on the bonnet and boot lid. All the glass is good except a small crack in the windscreen outside the proscribed MOT area.

The Maxi has an MOT to early April and tax until the end of April. The reserve is set at the cost of the 4 suspension displacers which the car will be broken for, the car is great and should be saved, at the end of April the car with otherwise be broken. Please do not ask me any questions but please call Les on 020 8654 3069, he can arrange viewings and answer all questions. I'm sure he would be delighted to MOT the car but this will be at a seperately negotiated price above the winning bid! Les will require payment in cash and prompt collection! Good luck!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers Pog, I'm dead chuffed and a little surprised but there you go! Apparently displacers are £100 a corner, you can't get them new anymore! It would just be broken to serve other Maxis so it's not too bad but I just found this one so endearing, hope it actually sells now!

It might be all in my head but Maxi 2s seem much thinner on the ground than the first style, the same way the Ambassador is rarer than the Princess & the Ital the Marina, so therefore is more interesting to me. I don't think the same about Allegros as they went into a 3rd series & therefore you're just as likely to see an Allegro 2 or 3 (combined) as an Allegro 1. I hope this car finds a home as presumably the bits from this car will only end up in a Maxi 1 thus making the 2s even rarer

One look at that BL steering wheel did it for me.That blue & black BL Logo!The shiney grained spokes that had seen gallons of Mr SheenThe steering wheel nut cover that's a different plastic to the rest of the wheel.The steering wheel cover.... The hours spent behind it trying to crank the motor into life.Come on ! Start! start you bugger!...... £$"%*&"$@@@!It's brought it all back......