Autoshite Track Events

The Moog

I have mentioned this before but we are booked on to the Knockhill trcak day on 3rd July. http://trackdays.knockhill.com/hot-hatch-car-trackday-july3

It is a hot hatch day so we are taking the Starlet - as what could be hottier and hatchier. The day is also german day so I imagine there will be one or two golfs!

Anyone else fancy it?

Cool. I am waiting on one other person.  

If she comes then we will take the Starlet and the Swift - will then have two spare seats if people fancy it.

Alternatively if she doesn't we will just take the starlet so will be full to capacity. 

Superbio.

The roffle swift will be Bucketer, 320touring and Supernaut.

The starlet will be The Moog, Craig and carol.

Will get it booked and paid for, then pm you.

Brakes are going to be changed on swift this weekend including new fluid, and will get the spare tyre sorted.

If 17-Coffees sees this thread he may be interested, but might bring one of his fleet. Who knows.

It's time...

vMNbCEx.jpg

Been hustled down the back roads up Deeside, Glenshee and Applecross/Shieldaig, as well as down the strip a number of times at Crail. The Time is now! 

Will do the rear pads and see how it feel's braking from speed, felt off last weekend. Will also check the front tyres again (Rears were changed last year). All the major stuff was done at the end of April(Service, timing, etc) 

I'll decide on the day though! If It's pouring with rain I won't bother coming on track (Hate wet track days) and it's currently the only I have on the road.

I'll provide my own fuel as well, as well as helmet! 

So I'll be there, be it for the Banter or Track time. :D

It best do .... it is my steed back to the land of Accrington

Just to clarify the £50 is for those in starlet/notsoswift for track.

I'm just joshing lad!wouldn't rag fuck oot it as its not my car, nor is it a hire car.

so we have any way to video/laptime?be interested to see what it does:)

I have a camera for video, no need for a mount or owt as I've got pretty proficient at one-handed driving whilst filming this week, admittedly only off-roading at 10mph but I can't see it being much different.

Also, I have a calendar for measuring laptimes.

I'm just joshing lad!wouldn't rag fuck oot it as its not my car, nor is it a hire car.

To be fair as long as one of the cars is still working at the end, jobs a goodun!

Might borrow your lift 320 to do the starlets gearbox oil before the off.

goodbthing with wet trackdays is limited tyre wear

That is true, but my past experiences with Track days have all been in the wet, and meant I've not been pushing it! Nerves due to the weather, being the slowest car there in every way (Causing a train effect at points) and hoping to god that I don't crash!

Doubt I'd be out every session, more want to say "I've tracked a luxo-barge" and have a laugh! :D

Also would mean you someone can save a quid on a session and borrow my helmet as well! 

• 2 weeks later...

Seen that it's not just a trackday, but also a "VAG & German Day"...

Da73KCO.jpg

I'm going to guess there will be less track time than normal due to the drag & drift events, as well as alot of #yolo # swag type chavs going about. 

Hopefully going to still make it along, but won't be taking the car on track sadly.

With the work due on the Abarth (blame Bambi) I'm wanting to save a few quid where needed.  :?