Scimitat - Whats the damage?

SamR380

I do hope it's not a Bond Bug, so far that was my biggest motoring disappointment out of all the cars I've ever owned or driven (ok I think I'd left it until I was too old to enjoy one). Mr R380 has gone awfully quiet, was it all a carefully thought out abduction plan and instead of him driving home in his Outspan orange he is now lying in a bath of ice missing a kidney.

Tbh, it's really not shite but it did cost less than an Austin Princess in similar condition... Read into that what you will.

It's not really a sports car either, if you ever find yourself contemplating buying one, don't write off the auto. It would probably suit better.

Seems alright apart from the hot restarting. It's pretty grubby inside and the paint is blistered and cracked but it's got it where it counts. As it should, the previous owner spent as much fixing it in the last 12 months as I did buying it!

The Duke of Edinburghs daughter had one of those. Can't remember her name.

I've always fancied a decent one (I had a shit one). Values are through the roof now though. Well done if you snapped up a bargain.

Probably the best English not a sports car/not an estate car combo ever devised.

Cracking cars, I had an SE5, no power steering, manual, and I always wished I had the Se6 with all the toys - although overall it was a blast 8)

And a moneypit, good luck with it, looking forward to your exploits :-D

Bingo!

First FTP and pez shot combo after 5 minutes of ownership, I think there's a vapour lock problem and it wouldn't restart.

LQPYwpB.jpg

Can you or someone clever tell me how I can upload pictures like you've done and make them open up on their own and nice and BIG like that?  I just get crappy small pics however large I upload them to Photobucket, (that crappy fantastic site with screaming ads and videos anywhere.)

Nice. Does this qualify as shite? It's a rare* classic sports car, shurley?

1. British

2. Plastic

3. Quirky design that's a bit of a cul de sac

4. Less fashionable later model with big bumpers

5. Broke down on the way home

What's not shite about that? Does it for me.

Always liked the idea of an SE6. Nice colour, too. Verdict: Win.

Top purchase

I've got a 1972 se5a which I use daily so they are capable enough, I'm sure a few on here will remember it from shitefest last year, it crops up in the news 24 threat fairly often but I probably don't write about it as often as I should.

It's well worth joining the scimitar owners forum for technical advice they are generally a good bunch and forum membership is free.

Good luck hot start problem.

Joe

Can you or someone clever tell me how I can upload pictures like you've done and make them open up on their own and nice and BIG like that?  I just get crappy small pics however large I upload them to Photobucket, (that crappy fantastic site with screaming ads and videos anywhere.)

I upload my photos to Imgur (similar to but simpler than photobucket) directly from my phone using the app. You can then copy the direct link to the full size image and insert it using the img /img tags as usual.

38 dgas rebuild kit £19, inline fuel filter £1.50, leccy ignition from Simonbbc on eBay £20 odd and that'll help for starters, think mines running about 16-18deg btdc. Battery is an 038 which can struggle for cranking speed, a second or third earth strap can help give it a bit more cranking oomph

Mine has never overheated but everyone advises to flush them and new thermostat etc as soon as you get one.

I couldn't get pas trunnions for mine last year as graham walker and qrg have run out and they need to place a minimum order of 3,000 or something to get them made and they only sell about 100 a year so they were going to pool resources when they had enough orders.