get your Renault 20s before its too late.

dave21478

As of the 1st of July all pre 1997 cars will be banned from Paris during the week.

The ban will get stricter and stricter over time with pre 2010 cars banned by 2020.

http://www.lemonde.fr/pollution/article/2016/05/30/les-voitures-d-avant-1997-interdites-de-circulation-dans-paris-a-partir-du-1er-juillet_4929269_1652666.html

Not surprising really. Although you have to wonder what the results of taking 10% of vehicles away from Paris will do, given their constantly terrible pollution ratings there in recent years, DEFINITELY EVERYTHING PRE '97 RESPONSIBLE.

What sort of range has the ban got? Like, is it all of Paris, or just the centre? It's flippin huge and most of the cool old stuff hides in the suburbs way away anyway….

Wasn't that 20TX nut from round here (Yorkshire)? I had a call from the garage where my 20 is being restored, saying that some bus - spotter type had been in asking 1001 pedantic questions about it, and insisting they ring him the second it ever came up for sale hahaha! You thinking what I am?

Get them to find out if it is the renowned Reno 20 criminal mastermind 'Darren Bowker' who shafted someone off here whose name I've forgotten

OOOHHH ERR! Sounds like something I definitely don't want to get involved in!

They said he was a very polite individual, but a definite Asperges type, who just hovered round them getting in the way and asking endless questions nobody would know the answer too!

Harmless but irritating was the general gist of it!

Then again how often is driving into a big city like say London a realistic possibility? From where I live you'd get the train.

It just worries me that the Governnent are hell bent on making people's lives as difficult as possible by enforcing a financial commitment on people in the way of insisting they buy a new car.

During the past 30 years, a political caste has been allowed to establish itself, that is hell bent on EXCLUSIVELY making people's lives ever more awkward.

Or when have you last experienced a decision being made by a government to make people's lives easier, or improve anything for people not belonging to a self imposed elite?

However, the ban in Paris was made by the city hall, not the French government.

To be fair, Paris always had severe air quality problems, due to its particular meteorological situation, and measures to improve its air quality would be urgently required.

Please check out this comparison of the pollution levels between Paris and Manchester: http://www.numbeo.com/pollution/compare_cities.jsp?country1=France&country2=United+Kingdom&city1=Paris&city2=Manchester&tracking=getDispatchComparison

What is seriously off pissing though, is that banning cars from a certain year of manufacture back does absolutely the square root of fuck all to improve things, it is merely yet another one of those typical rubber stamp actions done before the political caste can return to sipping Champagne and fucking expensive hookers little children.

That this ban will be introduced, has been on the horizon for a few years now, and cars registered as "collectible" (Carte Grise Collection) are explicitly exempt from it.

OOOHHH ERR! Sounds like something I definitely don't want to get involved in!

They said he was a very polite individual, but a definite Asperges type, who just hovered round them getting in the way and asking endless questions nobody would know the answer too!

Harmless but irritating was the general gist of it!

The Autoshite demographic in two sentences .