GoogleMaps StreetView uk now online

GrumpyCat

Amazing!! I have to admit to feeling slightly uncomfortable about the "big brother" aspects of this, not to mention the possible criminal uses, but even so, it's highly adictive!! My 1st thoughts about the rusty old car were, Merc, but I'm now wondering if it might be a Peugeot?

Off Topic.... :shock:

Posted Image

Holy ha! I loled...totally unexpected. What's the story there?

Glad to see StreetView UK is up now! I've been a big fan ever since the first images from San Francisco years back but the UK and France is much more interesting for me to browse through. Great that I can stalk from the other side of the Atlantic! Now they just need to do Canada so I can stalk around here during the winter months while I'm in by the fire...

j-j, on the Mac, just open Preview and then you can File > Grab either the whole window or a selection you define, it instantly makes the image for you to then upload to the web.

A few quick spots:

I drive Mercs but can't slpel

Posted Image

Catastrophic number plate blanking fail, car looks cracking though

Posted Image

Solid looking Maestro

Posted Image

Couple Jags and a Beetle, looks like more in the drive too but can't get a look at it with this

Posted Image

Sorry, just a few more (bored at work today, ha)

Upper-class tat?

Posted Image

Lovely SD1, looks like a 2300 or 2000 even

Posted Image

A couple little hunnies

Posted Image

Wow, never seen a barried E39 5-series before, number plate check says it's only a 520i, ha.

Posted Image

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 01545&z=20

Exciting uses for Google Streetmap's no76 - find a deceased BL dealer... Yep still dreaming about buying that SD1 from an authorised BL agent? Why not WWW windshop on the web? Click on the link, then drag the yellow man too the white car by the right hand side of the grey rectangle. Hurrah! Now drag the mouse to that £3500 SD1 (its in the window, behind the Bluebird), or maybe the two hiding XX's are more your style?

An erosion of privacy? Certainly.

Exciting for BL anoraks? DEFINATELY!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=51.557847,-0.253935&daddr=N+Circular+Rd,+London+NW10,+UK&hl=en&geocode=%3BCewHFXj0S_hVFZ6MEgMd5O37_w&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=18&sll=51.55797,-0.253941&sspn=0.001828,0.00618&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=51.557875,-0.253985&spn=0.000457,0.001545&z=20

Exciting uses for Google Streetmap's no76 - find a deceased BL dealer... Yep still dreaming about buying that SD1 from an authorised BL agent? Why not WWW windshop on the web? Click on the link, then drag the yellow man too the white car by the right hand side of the grey rectangle. Hurrah! Now drag the mouse to that £3500 SD1 (its in the window, behind the Bluebird), or maybe the two hiding XX's are more your style?

An erosion of privacy? Certainly.

Exciting for BL anoraks? DEFINATELY!

Now that is a WIN! Love the Bluebird!

Posted Image

I was just looking at Street view of my own manor to see what was parked around. The camera car must have gone into my local BP to fill up.Have a look at Fairy Springs Road Rotorua New Zealand( between Old Quarry and Ferguson) to see a good close-up of a forecourt and watch the strange weather changes too !Also your film seems to be much higher definition for tat spotting .

An Autoshite fave that garage on the North Circular, Wuvvum and I did a bit of window-shopping there once - Rekord is actually a Carlton? Stuff inside the showroom, including possibly another Bluebird and a Regata, seems to have been there for ages.

I saw a glimpse of it on a 'making of' thing on the Richard Wilson BBC4 series, where he was on his way to the Ace to view the cars.

we checked my street..and there i am walking the bloody dog with my daft retro shorts on..

Took a look where I thought you lived....BINGO ! Assume that's you with dog and huge back-pack. Aren't you lucky I can't show everyone. :D