GoogleMaps StreetView uk now online

GrumpyCat

I am on there. :D I went down my old street and found a picture of my DisAstra with my Shitroen behind it.

Posted Image

However then found that you could do some clever panorama shot with it and found a rather blurry shot of my legs sticking out from under the Imp.

Posted Image

Fame at last. :D At least for my legs. Its good to know that no matter where you are in the world you can now go online and look at a blurry picture of my legs.

At least this is proof i actually do work on my Imp.

On my first look at Brizzol I found a bin wagon, a old proton and a metro.

I'm almost impressed.

Not far from there Blimpster, is the house of a tat-collector I know of old...

Posted Image

And just down the hill from him is the house from where I bought my Renault 10, after it had stood there for seven years.

Posted Image

I love it.... and any privacy concerns to me are no worse than someone walking past the house, peering in or checking out my motors. If I don't want people to see it, I'll cover it up. That said I do think we should follow pweasel's example and blank out the actual location of the photos just so we don't end up with a catalogue of stealable cars.I've seen a few funnies - man taking a leak in Birmingham f'rexample but so far it's just been a way to waste time at work (where anything slightly fun, useful or dangerous is blocked, all we have is online banking and google....). I'm a bit gutted after taking a trip around Sheffield, that they've done up the area I used to live in and it's quite nice now. Tesco Express about 20 yards away and everything. I only moved out because it was a dump, a scary dump at that. And I only really went back on the map hoping to catch a glimpse of the daytime hookers who used to use my courtyard to noisily shag their clients whilst I was having my lunch.

They obviously did this sometime in either 07 or 08 because here are all our cars outside our old place. My mum's white Supra, dad's black 407 & my red Alfa. Actually from those cars I can pretty much date it to April 2007, the reason being mum bought her grey Supra in September that year but it's not in the picture, dad changed his black 407 to his current blue 407 in May 07, I bought my Alfa in April 07 so the only time the Alfa & the black 407 overlapped would be April 07!

Posted Image

Here's a Hammersmith spot

Posted Image

They obviously did this sometime in either 07 or 08 because here are all our cars outside our old place.

The aerial images get updated every few years, they just survey a new block and paste it over the old ones. There should be a Copyright notice at the bottom with the year it was taken, and this changes when to move around the map depending on who took the photos.Aerial stuff for my postcode is early 2008, but just the other side of the M1 there's a really nasty join and it looks to be at least a couple of years older, judging by the roadworks.The streetview stuff from car level has all been done since about October 2008, that's when Google started driving around.

Chop Shop!

Hahaha.... I love the way the Speshul Google Softwarez has blanked out the spray-painted face, thinking it was a real human, but left two motorbike numberplates in presumably because it only looks for one-line plates.