What day is it? Trade it Tuesday! C U L8R Honda, hello Pat.

Cavcraft

Cue 41,557 images of Vin Diesel driving with a gormless expression next to a picture of a 27-speed shift pattern.

Something something kicked in not Jatco bumwart doofleshanker and so on etc etc.

2 words though, well bought. A work colleague had one with the same engine with bodywork held together and indeed substituted for in places by heavy grade tape. Lasted until this year and was put down due to rusty brake pipes.

My pal also had a 1500 Civic which had pools of water in it and dents but it refused to die.

Civic Sport - ie the runout model. VTi interior but with carbon effect instead of grey 'wood' across the dash. We had one with the boring but functional 1.4, and it was an okay car, but uninspiring to drive, great workhorse but no fun at all. It's just a bombproof more expensive velour-free Rover 400/45. Will have part leather, a/c, a tape player if it's not been replaced, etc. It might have rear discs, it might not.

If it's tidy, on 100k that should be good for £600ish with some patience - we got £800 for a 1.4 on 50K, and that was a Y plater with the related killer tax too.

Beware though, put it on Gumtree etc and you'll have half the population of the West Midlands asking what your lowest price is - we did.

£600? :shock:

Well, a 1.4 on 100k would be £500ish so I'm going off that.

Pricing for these Civics is anywhere from £350 to £800, and that doesn't even seem to be that reflective of condition or engine unless you have one like the old man's was, shiny, nice colour and 50k.

eBay at the moment has an 83k Cat C 1.5 Sport for £795, a W reg 1.4 with mongy wheels and 120k for £790, a P reg 1.4 on 93k for £500, a V reg 1.6 on 108k for £250BIN, low spec 1.5 on a T and 94k for £450 etc etc. No real logic, some people overvalue them, some undervalue them.

£375 isn't enough, but it'd guarantee you a sale. You can definitely get a bit more if you give it a cursory clean up and list it well. I'd say try £495 and see what you get.

We are talking nearly 20 years ago so memories are hazy, I can't remember if it came on when you are being economical or came on to tell you to be economical. Whatever the answer, we aimed for the opposite.

Does that mean it has a light for whether you're using VTEC or not? That's ridiculous.

There is different types of VTEC, ones are tuned for performance and ones tuned for economy - depending on the engine model. The eco ones act like a smaller engine when not VTEC and then in VTEC act like the engine size it is.

Are these the fancy fangled lean burn engines? I.e. econ light signals its running as lean burn mode.

Yes, the light comes on when it is being economical. A hangover from the early 90s Civic when Honda didn't make their own diesel. I think you could get these with a Rover L-series diesel if you wanted.

Anyway if there's any history, the ticket is long and the damage is minimal you should have no bother shifting that.

Yep, yellow light comes on I wondered what it was! Last owner said it droned (like wheel bearings) from the rear but had had it looked st by a garage who supposedly said it must be the budget tyres as bearings etc seem fine, which they did in my cursory check of them. Disc rear with new calipers I think.

Could certainly hear something this morning, will switch tyres if I can be arsed and see what happens.