Domes shonky autos - Manta progress!

dome

There is a lot of shiny stuff there so well worth the original price!

Any chance of an in depth photo post of this being replaced? Really just to laugh at you trying to get access for pictures never mind access for doing the actual job!

Hmm, really? You are a strange kind of pervert aren't you?

I'm going to struggle to get a clear run at this with other shit going on at the minute but i took the first step and printed off the workshop manual pages I need and looked out and old camera that can live in the garage, just for tickman

I'll try and remember to use it...

post-7629-0-94471300-1481050489_thumb.jpg

Step 1: Remove the bumper  :shock:

I haven't looked at the Clio yet although I did service the BMW this week so that's one job out of the way. Which is handy as I've just won a fucking Lexus!

Collection is on for tomorrow. Luckily I had a spare no claims bonus to use and my girlfriend is amused by the thought of me winning a car so I'm OK, for the time being. I don't have space for 4 cars though so something may have to give. A mate of mine may borrow the Clio off me for a wee while which could help.

I've always loved LS400s so am looking forward to getting stuck into this one, from the sounds of things it'll need the brakes doing and the idle issue sorted, then I'll have a look at the electrics. I'll also pop the cover off the timing belt and see how it looks. These don't seem too bad to change, if a little time consuming. Probably easier than the Clio though.

Collectioning after work tomorrow, wish me luck!

I'm actually considering trying to raffle the Xantia again as well. Maybe in the new year.

I really want to get some progress on that Civic. Mason's insurance policy won't be getting cancelled, just moved over. I'll stop derailing this topic for now though.

See you tomorrow dome!

A true autoshite collection.

Mr dome wanted to have a look at the fuses to see if he would be able to adjust the driving position to his liking.

post-19977-0-64027500-1481576047_thumb.jpg

Yup, those are some fuses.

Oh, there are fuses in the engine bay. Let's look at those while looking at the manual too!

post-19977-0-23859500-1481576099_thumb.jpg

In the process of checking fuses, he managed to make the clock, climate control and radio all shit themselves then come back to life again.

In the end, he left it all as it was. I sent him a text as he drove off saying "It seems the tail lights don't work either..."

Last I heard from him was "Yeah I'd better have a look at that!"

Godspeed, dome. Godspeed.

Home safe!

After going through every bulb on the fucking thing there appears to be a switch related issue. When that miraculously fixed itself I also had working seats, steering column adjustment and windows. Self healing, obviously.

After that it wafted down the road at speeds high enough to cause the local constabulary to have a word in my ear. They let me off thankfully and left me frantically trying to get the fucking lights on again as they'd gone off when I got out to er, chat to them...

The warped disc is noticeable but not too bad, other than that it drives well if showing its miles a bit and is well worth the asking price...

Top "seller" Supernaut. A++++ would deffo enter a raffle again.

It started this morning and electrical functions seem OK for the moment so I took it into work. The sound system if fantastic so I've no idea if the rest of the car makes any funny noises. I'm going to say it doesn't.  

In view of its good behaviour I treated it to a quick wash at the local Tesco drive through. Have some terrible pics of a slightly cleaner shonky old Lexus

post-7629-0-94666100-1481627302_thumb.jpg

post-7629-0-21991800-1481628007_thumb.jpg

Bonus points to the fucktard in the Cactus who tried to jump the car wash queue by parking not quite right in front of the drive through in front of me and another chap while we were in buying a ticket. The Lexus may be big but it can fit in tight spaces to get around your shitbox you prick. I was particularly pleased to see the other chap do the same. Cactus driver drove off in a huff. That'll teach them...

I am happy to report it's raining which means I get to enjoy the frankly marvellous windscreen wipers on the way home. 

Although the P6000 on the front passenger side is so shit the thing may as well be on castors so Supernaut is either very brave or completely insane for taking it round Knockhill!

I'm going with insane.

I love how you get pulled by the polis just after you've picked up a car. Nutter.

I posted the V5 on my way to work this morning and I've just cancelled the direct debit for the tax. YOUR PROBLEM NOW.

I will miss that glorious sound system though. Better than anything I've got in my bloody house.