Domes shonky autos - Manta progress!

dome

10 hours ago, big_al_granvia said:

So 1985, Alfa ish, usually rots.. A lancia??

9 hours ago, mk2_craig said:

Fiat Regata Weekend?

8 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Oh, bugger... totally missed the mention of an age.

Lancia...Beta?

Sadly you guys are all thinking of vehicles from the wrong country.

I really should buy something Italian at some point though🤔

On 20/02/2022 at 20:43, dome said:

Saw that. Pretty sure he's the boy who got my old 944s2 painted and sold it on to the guy I bought it from.

Wish he hadn't used a trowel to paint it, it was rough as arses🙈

He definitely has a reputation... 

Batterys on to boil in preparation of collection on Saturday, even though it's coming back on a trailer.

IMG_20220324_191927.thumb.jpg.0530df44159bea02a4d254fb4b4180ec.jpg

Never mind the fact the engine has seized, there are EXCITING FEATURES to enjoy in this one while I wait for the diesel I pour into the bores to hopefully work it's magic.

Although, with the price of diesel these days I'd maybe be better off just forking out for a full rebuild😳

Old school Subaru 1600/1800?

The having something in common with the Alfa is nagging at me.  We've established it's not Italian, so that rules out country...so you're basically down to technical details...so engine configuration, hence suggestion of Subaru, or odd details like the transaxle...

Oooh... Volvo 340?

17 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Old school Subaru 1600/1800?

The having something in common with the Alfa is nagging at me.  We've established it's not Italian, so that rules out country...so you're basically down to technical details...so engine configuration, hence suggestion of Subaru, or odd details like the transaxle...

Oooh... Volvo 340?

Nope, neither of those. I've got faith in you, you're close.

7 minutes ago, big_al_granvia said:

do you really want me to answer that

okay 85, interesting electics that your keen to see i they work, a maestro or montego possibly a mg with the talking dash

Nah, there's 2 Range Rovers and a Jag in the household, the last thing we need is another quality* British conveyance.

The second Range Rover is the other halfs Ewok, don't judge us🙈

8 hours ago, Flat4 said:

Is it a Brat? I'm thinking with the number of countries ruled out, it has to be something Japanese, at least.

8 hours ago, hairnet said:

imp

Nope and nope!

Trailer booked from 9 to 5 tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to get it back an hour early though. That'd be nice.

On 20/03/2022 at 09:47, dome said:

That's interesting. He seemed to get a decent reputation but I only had a badly painted 944 to go on... Do tell?

I bought my 5 from him - it was a little more expensive than buying privately and he only had it on his premises for six hours before I collected it.  It HGF'd and overheated a week later, he had it collected and had AK Automotive in Rowlands Gill stick another engine in it and delivered back to me within a week, with many apologies.  I imagine that must have eaten up most of his profit but he didn't flinch, he just acted.  

45 minutes ago, loserone said:

I bought my 5 from him - it was a little more expensive than buying privately and he only had it on his premises for six hours before I collected it.  It HGF'd and overheated a week later, he had it collected and had AK Automotive in Rowlands Gill stick another engine in it and delivered back to me within a week, with many apologies.  I imagine that must have eaten up most of his profit but he didn't flinch, he just acted.  

Fair play. Like I say, my 944 came from the person he sold it to and was great apart from the paint job.