Domes shonky autos - Manta progress!

dome

Another 300 miles completed at the weekend just gone in comfort and at 33mpg indicated. Coolant seems fine, I'll keep an eye on it though.

I let the good lady drive it back up from Stranraer on Saturday whilst I snoozed in the passenger seat-it's a very comfy car to be chauffeured in.

Another 300 miles completed at the weekend just gone in comfort and at 33mpg indicated. Coolant seems fine, I'll keep an eye on it though.

I let the good lady drive it back up from Stranraer on Saturday whilst I snoozed in the passenger seat-it's a very comfy car to be chauffeured in.

glad its working well:)

I do like it but I'd only be tempted out of my p6 for snother ancient heap . The recore of the rad seems to have fixed the cooling issues (said that before )

It was worth a try. I've had the horn for a P6 for a long time, recent activities on this forum haven't helped. Have you updated your thread with progress?

• 1 month later...

Well the Jag finally went via eBay to a couple of lads who poked, prodded, sucked their teeth and then made a derisory offer that still left me healthily in profit. 

So, gumtree and ebay have been getting studied and last night I agreed to purchase another car. A 4x4 was on the list but this is the wrong time of year to buy one. The haunted P6 was tempting but I don't have the space/balls for that one

Last night a viewing occurred and a deal was reached.

Not particularly Autoshite, although it does have the following redeeming* features.

It's French.

It's not moved in months

It has electrical issues.

Collection on Friday!

Collectioning begins after work this evening.

I have the full resuscitation kit in the girlfriends car to hopefully bring a car home which is sitting with a flat battery, stuck on brakes and a healthy dose of Frenchness. Naturally a hammer is involved.

I may require alcohol by the time I get home.

Stay tuned shitehawks...