My 1973 Cadillac, Huggy Bear

eddyramrod

Nice one Ed,You do like your Caddys,

Is it FWD 4L  or the RWD 350?? or bigun.?

You'll soon have that gleaming, Still can't get over the S/port one you had to sell off for buttons Ed...shame that.

Pity you can't get that back,start your own stable.

Your lookin fit there Ed posin with ya CAD.

All the Best.

Phwar. We have really had some grade A purchases on here lately. Well done on getting it bought, I love seeing Yank tanks like this on our roads, it adds a little bit of class to the hoards of German saloons you see everywhere.

I wonder where Junkman is; he will probably explode with jealousy when he see's this.

Nice one Ed,You do like your Caddys,

Is it FWD 4L  or the RWD 350?? or bigun.?

You'll soon have that gleaming, Still can't get over the S/port one you had to sell off for buttons Ed...shame that.

Pity you can't get that back,start your own stable.

Your lookin fit there Ed posin with ya CAD.

All the Best.

Thanks Phil.  This one has the 472 and RWD.  Yeah I miss the green one, but you can't have everything, can you?  Especially when all you have for parking is a congested street!

You are a pair of absolute heroes.  Fantastically well done.

One thing I have to disagree about though - if you ask me, the Caddy is in need of no cosmetic improvement whatsoever.  It's perfect.

Oh, and that's another seller who really needs to be on here.

Yes, I told him he should be.  He said he would come and have a look.  And I agree with you, it's got exactly the right amount of patina to it.  While I have it, it'll only get essential bodywork, plus whatever it needs under the skin.  I have no intention of going into a resto job here!

I wonder where Junkman is; he will probably explode with jealousy when he see's this.

Here:

BOAH AY!

Although I much like it, I like even more, that Eddy finally got what he was longing for for so long.

Makes me well happy, thus no envy. I'm just happy for him.

Besides, I drive British now.

True about the street-garages,(can't get enough cardboard boxes to lay out, age thing,) Lucky we got some good weather.

427ci...WOW bet that purrs :-D

All the best with it Ed.

Not being an anorak, but that thing has 472 goode goddamne olde cubice inche.

You wanted THIS over the Rover? Are you mad ;)

Out of interest, how is this working with the distance between the two of you. I have owned several classics with other peeps who have been local and its always worked well but we have always lived locally to each other and have each used the car when we wanted it.

Whats the plan here? Its a big operation to get it across the country isn't it.

472 ! Wow 7.7 litres in new money .

Enjoy it , it looks great .

Yep, 7.7 is utterly huge. I thought mine was a big un at a mere 7.0 litres!

Yes, I told him he should be.  He said he would come and have a look.  And I agree with you, it's got exactly the right amount of patina to it.  While I have it, it'll only get essential bodywork, plus whatever it needs under the skin.  I have no intention of going into a resto job here!

I bet nobody will dare mess with this thing. Imagine reverse parking your financed euro blob into one of those big chrome bumpers.

I was thinking earlier about this. I bet this sort of stupidity doesn't go on anywhere else! I mean, we've had a base Sierra bought by a bunch of guys from various places in the UK. And this from two guys at almost opposite ends of the country. I bet you don't get this on piston heads, or anywhere else for that matter. Isn't this place great!

You wanted THIS over the Rover? Are you mad ;)

Out of interest, how is this working with the distance between the two of you. I have owned several classics with other peeps who have been local and its always worked well but we have always lived locally to each other and have each used the car when we wanted it.

Whats the plan here? Its a big operation to get it across the country isn't it.

Plan!? What plan? Act first, think about it later!

Well, I've already got my own full size yank tank so I'm good. This one came about really by a shared interest in the cars. I'm happy for Eddy to keep it and run it as he sees fit. I might have a financial interest in it but I consider it very much Eddy's car tbh. I'm sure we'll meet up at various times now and again and get the Caddy and Mercury together aswell. Who knows!

7.7 litres but how much power and torque? Look stunning under the bonnet and good for tuning usually but the Americans aren't too fussy about getting the most from their inches.

I am now wondering what is the smallest car you could physically fit it into, I wonder if there is space in the Capri? Then I would have a 7.7L, sounds better than 1.6 L

Everyone would love a muscle car.

Sadly they are stratospheric now in terms of price - even povo spec examples that have had bigger motors installed still cost £££.

For me there is only one full sized 70's yank -

post-4771-0-37076500-1463379637_thumb.jpeg

Ford LTD. There is something about that grille.....

when was the last time you had a PM conversation run to 8 pages?

Or had a post receive 55 56 likes?

It's not normally something that'd get me excited, but I'd love to bring a gallon of pez and sail 200 yards down the road in the old barge!

What a story, good on ya, lads.

...And yes, the car is now officially named Huggy Bear! :)

Plans for the others?  Blob stays, that's the one MrsR drives.  Hyacinth stays, but she's off-road waiting for a massive weldathon.  I won't get her back while there's any show season left.  Swoopy Saab is gearing up for MoT and may then be going, I have a swapper in prospect.  Which itself will probably be available once Hyacinth comes home.  I don't think I can realistically keep four cars when I have no space!