eddyramrod

Cadillac still For Sale but without the urgency

That's my old local chippy!!! And where we met up when we did the as Midlands scrappy day at Albert Looms, then got food poisoning off a burger there a couple of months later :-(

Was the guy you got it from in Spondon? I don't recognise the house.

That's my old local chippy!!! And where we met up when we did the as Midlands scrappy day at Albert Looms, then got food poisoning off a burger there a couple of months later :-(

Spondon, yes indeed.  The farm is part of the Locko Park estate, if that means anything to you.

Nice one Eddy!

I've got to admit, now your home with it, that I was secretly shitting myself about this! It's a long way to go (in fact probably closer to me than you by a little bit).

Every conceivable scenario (and some less so) was going through my head all day yesterday. Would the car be any good and the trip wasted? Would you end up breaking down? Would you end up getting mugged with the dosh in your pocket?!

But, actually this absolute beast of a thing seems better in your pics than the ebay advert. It does appear to be pretty decent and just a bit rough round the edges and dirty.

I'm glad we got it. I'm really pleased with it actually and I don't think the price was half bad either in the end. I really like the colour too. It just wants a scrub up and a good dose of use now. Did the seller go through what work it's had done? The engine pic looks good. Very tidy and up together.

I still think we should at least ask about getting the rear seat base re trimmed though.

Your a legend getting that back at 1AM, especially with no dash lights. I didn't even know that time of day existed!

So what does it drive like? I bet it's very similar to my Mercury isn't it? Absolutely huge!

Oh and I've still got major want for the green Mercury Monarch in Germany...

Spondon, yes indeed.  The farm is part of the Locko Park estate, if that means anything to you.

it does indeed, I spent many many hours there as a kid. There is only one farm that I know of there and it didn't look like that when I was last there but that was twenty years ago. Did you go past the lake then take a right up a rougher track?

Haha. Does this mean Eddy's going to be toilet bound all day tomorrow!

Haha. Does this mean Eddy's going to be toilet bound all day tomorrow!

it took me out for a week and I lost half a stone! The doc said to send a sample off to the environmental health but I didn't fancy holding a small plastic tub under my arse as it exploded.

it does indeed, I spent many many hours there as a kid. There is only one farm that I know of there and it didn't look like that when I was last there but that was twenty years ago. Did you go past the lake then take a right up a rougher track?

Yes, exactly!

Oh and... yes, I had a cheeseburger.  My bowels are fine, so far.

it took me out for a week and I lost half a stone! The doc said to send a sample off to the environmental health but I didn't fancy holding a small plastic tub under my arse as it exploded.

Lol!

I've recently had a dodgy curry myself so know how it feels!

That looks lovely. What do these vessels actually ride like?

Very very well. It's like effortlessly wafting down the road in the most comfortable armchair you've ever sat in. The yanks really knew how to build stuff like this. Everyone should try one at least once.

Vessel is the right word!  They do feel rather boatlike, which doesn't suit everyone.  I happen to like it a lot.  You can feel that you're in two and a half tons of car though, it's a very safe feeling.  Totally negated by the vague steering!  Never mind, can't have everything...

1) I'm in love with it.

2) You're a legend. And I don't mean the Japansey-Rover 800y type of legend. You have a mustache AND a Fleetwood. Winning at life.

3) We have AN calendar shot.

4) This thread has genuinely made my evening.

Thank you kind sir but... I've had a Fleetwood and this isn't it, this one is a Coupe de Ville. [/pedant]

Vessel is the right word!  They do feel rather boatlike, which doesn't suit everyone.  I happen to like it a lot.  You can feel that you're in two and a half tons of car though, it's a very safe feeling.  Totally negated by the vague steering!  Never mind, can't have everything...

One of the features I really like about mine, and this Caddy can have it too, is driving along with that huge hood out front and a hood ornament at the end. Like the crosshairs of a gun!