My 1973 Cadillac, Huggy Bear

eddyramrod

...And yes, the car is now officially named Huggy Bear! :)

Plans for the others?  Blob stays, that's the one MrsR drives.  Hyacinth stays, but she's off-road waiting for a massive weldathon.  I won't get her back while there's any show season left.  Swoopy Saab is gearing up for MoT and may then be going, I have a swapper in prospect.  Which itself will probably be available once Hyacinth comes home.  I don't think I can realistically keep four cars when I have no space!

Well? Did you go to work in it today? And how did she handle?

7.7 litres but how much power and torque? Look stunning under the bonnet and good for tuning usually but the Americans aren't too fussy about getting the most from their inches.

I am now wondering what is the smallest car you could physically fit it into, I wonder if there is space in the Capri? Then I would have a 7.7L, sounds better than 1.6 L

Generally most yanks upto the early 70's are ok for power/torque. Granted it's still not an insane figure when the sheer size of the engines considered but it's still good.

The figures started going down hill in the mid/late 70's once emissions and fuel economy laws/regs started to bite. Even then though the cars still do what they do perfectly well.

A Capri will take a small block yank V8 pretty much straight in, they made them with a Ford SB V8 in South Africa. However this Caddy has a GM big block V8, my Mercury also has a Ford big block V8, and they really are huge! I don't think they would fit at all in a Capri or any other small euro or jap car. Plus they weigh shit lots! I'd expect it to be too heavy for those cars too.

Co-op Dee-Ville! 11!!11!11!!!1!1!1!1!&c.

Try turning the steering wheel lock-to-lock with your pinky finger next time you park it. These are minimum-effort cars, since it doesn't matter whether you drive one five miles or five hundred, you'll feel no fatigue once you arrive.

In baseball, the expression "Cadillacin' it" is used to indicate a player who is giving less than full effort. You're definitely not Cadillacin' it with this owle beawt-ee!

P.S. Replace the heat stove, as I can see its missing. And check the fuses for a small glass one which is likely to be for the instrument panel lamps.

My car is only 6.75 litres, I is been short changed.... but, I do have BIG turbo, does that make up the difference?

As far as your car goes, it's alright I suppose, if you like that sort of thing (and as I have said before/elsewhere -MK6) I REALLY DO!!!!! What a cracker. Used to know a lad in Nuneaton that had loads of Yank motors, one of which was a very tatty, matt black Cadillac he was very proud of the fact he'd improved the fuel consumption by some massive amount simply by disconnecting the air con belt! It sounded fantastic and the sheer length of the bonnet... you could paint a big 'H' on there :) 

Well? Did you go to work in it today? And how did she handle?

Generally most yanks upto the early 70's are ok for power/torque. Granted it's still not an insane figure when the sheer size of the engines considered but it's still good.

The figures started going down hill in the mid/late 70's once emissions and fuel economy laws/regs started to bite. Even then though the cars still do what they do perfectly well.

A Capri will take a small block yank V8 pretty much straight in, they made them with a Ford SB V8 in South Africa. However this Caddy has a GM big block V8, my Mercury also has a Ford big block V8, and they really are huge! I don't think they would fit at all in a Capri or any other small euro or jap car. Plus they weigh shit lots! I'd expect it to be too heavy for those cars too.

Mini it is then! Once the rubber donuts bottom out it will be fine :-)

I'm afraid it's brown.  The brown seats should give it away!  Detroit used to be extremely good at colour co-ordination, in a way that was lost to the rest of the world at least 40 years ago, and to their own home market slightly more recently.  Having said that, I'm inclined to describe it as bronze, although I know that isn't strictly correct.  I haven't tried to look up the correct Cadillac name for the colour... yet.

Love the Cadillac Eddy, brave man to fuel that in blighty.   With the instrument panel does the light switch turn?   Took me months to realise that this was a dimmer and by turning it clockwise I could 'fix' the panel lights.

Shitefest USA sounds awesome.   Laredo is a mere 5 hours from Houston but not really the kind of place you want to go on your holidays.   Most of the drugs moved in to the Eastern US go up I-35 from Laredo.   On the other hand you do get to see 3-car A-frame arrangements of old chod going to Mexico for a new life.

Huggy spent Saturday and Sunday nights in the alley behind my house (where Tomato was attacked, you may remember...).  Yesterday after work I parked it in the next street, in exactly the same place where I often park Swoopy, at the end of a kerb where the next alley emerges.  There's even a lamp post, so you'd think it was pretty safe.  That was at lunchtime.

Took the dog out for her teatime walk, and there's a note on an envelope, tucked under the wipers.  Please park your 30 foot car in your own back street as we are having difficulty parking.  Er, yeah.  If you were having that much difficulty, you'd have said something about the Saab, surely?  It's almost as big!  Or perhaps the modern Khan Jeep that's there every day.  Or the Transit.  Or... or...  No wonder you're having difficulty parking if you think a 19 foot car is 30 feet long!

Fuck 'em.  He's back in the alley now.