Local car show pics from today.

Frogchod

Superb stuff, never realised you could get a Simca Intendante with the P60 front, no reason why you couldn't have, of course, just never seen one.  

Was there any taxation or licencing benefit to owning a tripod in Frogland?   Seems an odd and presumably expensive option.....

Some nice stuff there.

Every year when we go on holiday in France I hope to ‘accidentally’ stumble across a car show, never happened yet though. Best I get is market day, village car boot/yard sale or a rural supermarket.

Are there any online listings? I’ll be down near Royan then the Dordogne this year.

"Was there any taxation or licencing benefit to owning a tripod in Frogland?"

No Tax in France and in France it can be driven on an A2 license, which is all Mrs Frogchod has.

It's registered as a motorcycle here. If and when motorcycle MOTs arrive in France that'll be when problems could arise.

"Every year when we go on holiday in France I hope to ‘accidentally’ stumble across a car show, never happened yet though. Best I get is market day, village car boot/yard sale or a rural supermarket.

Are there any online listings? I’ll be down near Royan then the Dordogne this year"

www.lva-auto.fr and click on "agenda"  Or pick up a copy of "La Vie en Auto" when you're here. It's in a newspaper format, most Presse will have it. There's more in the printed version than on the website.

• 2 years later...

Bbbbbut that H van isn't a catering vehicle, I don't understand.

They've taken a perfectly good H van, panelled over the serving hatch, probably removed the coffee machines too. I bet they've even put an engine in it and there's not a hint of cursive script signwriting on the outside. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END? 

Aye, I notice local stuff seems to err towards the overly-restored look rather than any kind of actually used look, even if it means an "american style" restoration...ie super-shiny paint and chrome over pudding and cardboard. I also notice an annoying trend towards non original pale pastel colours. Their car etc etc....but fuck, Im getting bored of it.