Fiat Coupe 20v turbo woes

pompei

Due to all sorts of commitments, I didn't run my 20VT last year.  Yesterday, I charged the battery, put it on today and it fired up at the first push of the starter.  When I backed it down the drive there was a trail/pool of fluid leaking from in front of the o/s front wheel. I am guessing that this must be power steering fluid?

If so, is it safe to drive? I did have use of an Alfa 75 some years ago that had the power steering disconnected. I was planning on taking it for MoT about 25 miles away. I presume that it would be necessary to ensure that all the fluid had drained away before driving it to avoid fouling the discs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

Agree you need to locate the source - and whatever it is, there may be more to come of course.  Not sure I'd fancy running with no P/S fluid - it might do more damage to the pump - suspect your Alfa may have had the belt removed to prevent this (but don't know of course).

When my AMC did this is was indeed the front brake calipers - meaning not safe to drive - although it occasionally leaks engine oil from the front crank seal (then doesn't for a bit). 

You can tell be the smell/appearance of it if it's brake fluid.

It is deffo the PAS as the reservoir is now empty. Grrr.  I'm hoping it is *just* a perished hose or something.  I imagine getting to it will be a right royal PITA as the front bumper at least will have to come off.