Gooner II V6 - Reliable motoring at its finest*

SiC

49 minutes ago, Roverageous said:

And it makes me feel a little more secure about myself spending large sums on old cars.

Cars just cost money. I've spent £400 on a cambelt+aux belt change on my Laguna, £160 on two tyres, £60 on a battery and £15 on a sensor. It probably could also do with its two rear tyres changing too...

Cars just cost money. I've spent £400 on a cambelt+aux belt change on my Laguna, £160 on two tyres, £60 on a battery and £15 on a sensor. It probably could also do with its two rear tyres changing too...

Yes indeed. I picked up a little MG ZR earlier in the year which has been run true bangernomic style (part worns, £25 MOT etc...) which so far is really cheap motoring.

On the flip side I paid £750 for my Rover 75 which I have spent over £5k getting to a really nice standard.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SiC said:

Very much glad this is saved! Was it the cambelt for sure then I guess?

It's a lot of money, but that is still cheaper than a clutch+DMF change on our A4 (and many modern cars). Did they use a genuine kit too?

Aux belt tensioner was gubbed, and if you're there you might as well do the lot, right? 

(he says, still trying to convince himself) 

It's gone straight through another MOT and given the parade of depressing shit that £1500 seems to get you I realised that if someone offered me a Laguna V6 with the belts just done and a new mot for less than a grand I'd have taken it, so... 

My biggest bill to date was £1450 on my cx DTR. Fuel pump leak, belts and welding.

second was probably the recent AC work on the Mercedes at £950

third, hard to remember but could also be the Mercedes’ head gasket and wiring at £900.

the one that made me really upset though was the 900 euro fuel pump bill for the c5 when I was in Alsace on holiday.

cars cost money. Some costs are accepted, others resented.