Morgan Factory visit

holbeck

Pretty sure they've never used a K series. Think that was a plus 4 with a 2 litre T series, distantly related to that well known racing engine the 'O' series.

The WD car definitely had a Rover engine, Mike "Mr Accurate" Brewer may have referred to it as a K or I may have assumed.

If Morgan's had T-series engines does that mean an owner looking for more poke could fit a turbo...

The WD car definitely had a Rover engine, Mike "Mr Accurate" Brewer may have referred to it as a K or I may have assumed.

If Morgan's had T-series engines does that mean an owner looking for more poke could fit a turbo...

Yes, it has been done. I think those in need of 'more poke' in the Morgan world normally go the V8 route. For me, a 1.6 ford engine gives me more than enough to consider given it's essentially a 1930s design!

• 5 weeks later...

I second this nomination. They have a Gazebo which was full of the detritus of hog roasts past. We found the 'smoke room' through a hidden passage which had been decommissioned years ago and left to become a ground floor attic of wondrous junk. The selection of fine whiskies is to be admired in and around the sink behind the serving hatch. This is a top top pub!

It's going to be red, or 'Sports Red' as Morgan would have it. I really wanted it to be orange but was talked out of it by my other half and then the dealer! You can have a Morgan any colour you like, but it costs a fair bit if you don't go for one of their standard colours. I'm saving a few pennies for some cosmetic alterations when it arrives at the dealer!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm very pleased with how it looks. The finish is great. We were very lucky to catch it as according to Morgan it was only just out of the paint shop and in the trim shop. We started to have a little panic when we couldn't find it, but then saw it in the pdi bay. An hour or so later it was waiting to be loaded onto a truck bound for Northampton (Something I cannot explain-like so many things that they do at Morgan!)