Strangeangel's Shite-tastic Shenanigans 12/12 NEW MOTOR - ACHIEVED.

strangeangel

Well, it's all back together. Here's what I have tried thus far:

• I primed the feed to the pump, height lever set to High, started engine and tightened pressure release screw,
  • Tried FDB's suggestion of running for a few minutes, then opening and closing the pressure release screw.
  • Tried re-priming the pump, height leve in Low, started engine and tightened PR screw.
  • Have tried operating the (now extremely heavy!) steering at various times.
  • Nearly crashed into MOTHER_SA's motorhome when I forgot I had no brakes...

All to no avail, sadly.

The light's going now so I'm calling it a day. I'd have liked to have seen it rise up today, but that's how it goes sometimes, eh?

This is one of the reasons I like having multiple vehicles - you don't have to stress about getting jobs finished so you can get to work in the morning. I am semi-incompetent, so whenever I try to do things in a rush stuff inevitably gets cocked up and/or broken.

Apologies for the late response, but how long are you leaving it idling after closing the pressure release screw? From what I've read it can take upwards of 10-15 mins for the system to pressurise. Alternatively I found constantly opening and shutting the screw until the rear suspension began to rise worked the last time I had to depressurise the system.

Blimey, that lhm is - 43 on the 1 to 10 scale! I thought the dull green stuff in my xantia was bad, that's something else! I'd have hydraflushed the shit out of that!

Top work! No idea what the bx method is to rise but I found with the xm high revs for a few minutes got her risen after a blood tranfusion, and the xantia will get the same if it goes stubborn on me!

Apologies for the late response, but how long are you leaving it idling after closing the pressure release screw? From what I've read it can take upwards of 10-15 mins for the system to pressurise. Alternatively I found constantly opening and shutting the screw until the rear suspension began to rise worked the last time I had to depressurise the system.

I was following FDB's instructions from earlier in the thread, but I will certainly try leaving it for longer on Friday when I next attempt to get the old thing to rise up again; failing that your tip on repeatedly opening/closing the screw.

Given the rankness of the outgoing LHM, should I repeat this process do you all think??

Job done then, PAS is for softies :-D

It's sorted now, happily. I went in for a brew, had a think and decided (for no good reason) to try starting it up and moving the steering lock to lock. Got in the car, fired it up, grabbed the wheel... and the PAS was already working!

EDIT: just seen your post DW, looks like I was thinking along the right lines! The level is still OK, and when I go back out to put the pipework back on I shall do a few cycles of the height lever.