Strangeangel's Shite-tastic Shenanigans 12/12 NEW MOTOR - ACHIEVED.

strangeangel

Well, that's come round quickly! It only seems like five minutes since I was scrabbling around looking for a rear caliper for the last MOT.

Sadly, I'm fairly sure it's going to fail, not least on account of there being a hole in the floor under the rear seat. Being a 30 year old Citroën I realise there may be others too...

On the up-side, it's driving well with no strange knocks or clonks, and - as has been the case for quite a while now - all the LHM is on the inside. The electrical stuff seems to be doing its thing too, so I'm hoping it's not going to be too hideous a fail.

Keep 'em crossed for us, more tomorrow.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'd rather do rear arm bearings than a re-pipe. They're really not that hard to do. Worst bit is the bolts that hold the clamp on the rear anti-roll bar.. they are always insanely tight. I use a 1/2" 6-side socket on them with either a rattle gun or a very long powerbar, and still struggle.

Other than that, fairly straightforward. There's some photos of one I did in my historic chod link below.

A blood-curdling clonk from the rear axle that can only be fucked trailing arm bearings is now in evidence. The old dear has laboured on honourably as first choice/only car (there have been bits of 205 everywhere for a year now) since it's last whopper of a bill in July '17, but still...

Bugger.

Good to hear from you again! 

Hope it doesn't die off.