Strangeangel's Shite-tastic Shenanigans 12/12 NEW MOTOR - ACHIEVED.

strangeangel

5 hours ago, jonny69 said:

Good to see the Ami getting the TLC I couldn’t give it. I don’t even recognise the little lolwtfEVbbq. What is it? :D

Edit: thanks .gov MOT checker! Aixam? Didn’t think we could register those over here? How has that worked then?

Dunno! I know Aixam sell those comical little electric vans into the UK though. The plan for this is to save me from using the hopeless local trains and keep the Ami and BX out of the salt this winter. The Ami and this are so small that I reckon they'll fit side by side on the drive!

30 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

That sounds absolutely wank in the best way, can I pop round for a shot of it sometime?

Any plans to upgrade the batteries or motor to pep up that 13 second 0-30 time?

For sure, that's definitely a better option than me bringing it to NP (unless I fancied a night in a local B&B while it charges up for eight hours, of course).

Possibly, one of the spurious reasons I had for buying this was that I might learn a bit about EVs. I'm going to try living with the abject misery of the car in stock form for a bit though, and just enjoy casting smug, superior looks in the direction of anyone else stuck in the traffic driving a petrol or diesel ;) 

Just now, Tamworthbay said:

That would do me most of the time and I think probably 90% of people 90% of the time. Looking forward to updates on this one.

Well, my new commute is about 20, so I figured the car should have more than enough to avoid any escapades involving lack of electricity. Can't see the eight hour charging cycle being a problem either TBH.

34 minutes ago, strangeangel said:

Well, my new commute is about 20, so I figured the car should have more than enough to avoid any escapades involving lack of electricity. Can't see the eight hour charging cycle being a problem either TBH.

Can you charge it at work? That would be even better.......

1 hour ago, Tamworthbay said:

Can you charge it at work? That would be even better.......

Sadly not, we don't have a car park so it'll have to go in the multi-storey across the road. Although, that said I've been reading about a network of free-to-use charging points in West Yorks, so I'll have to look into that a bit further.

1 hour ago, Dave_Q said:

I presume if this charges in 8 hours it probably charges off a 3 pin socket? I did wonder if public charging points have that provision or not.

I've just spoken to the seller and he says it charges off a 3 pin socket. So that means I'm stuffed for using public charging points presumably?

LIVE roving report from the charge point in glamorous Lidl carpark, Brighouse:

c79cc09ea6382e848f2335548c6db575.jpg

Seems to be 3 kinds of electricity/plug, but nowhere to plug in your phone charger.

I guess your options are trailer, or 3 day collection featuring overnight charges via extension leads dangled out of shiter windows in approx Derby and Sheffield (or Stoke and Stockport?)

1 hour ago, Dave_Q said:

I guess your options are trailer, or 3 day collection featuring overnight charges via extension leads dangled out of shiter windows in approx Derby and Sheffield (or Stoke and Stockport?)

I'm going to see these guys about a car transporter. D-Day is Thursday, all being well!

7 hours ago, strangeangel said:

If the range is 37, and your commute 20, and you can’t charge at work, I think that something will be amiss especially if there is congestion.

I am looking forwards greatly to the collection capers, not so much the test drives due to owning one of these bastards in petrol flavour which had a self imploding auto gearbox when parked on an inclined driveway (mine!).

It made my old reliant robin look like a formula one car, and infinitely less comfortable for a chap of bigger bones :)

electric is the future mind you, so I'm in on letting SA take all the pain for the good of the planet and puppies and kittens ??

That’s totally great!

It’s a damn shame you can’t charge at work. I’m commuting by electric bike at the moment, and even though the cost per mile is 0.1p or something, it’s still satisfying to know that my employer is taking the hit...